Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Maxtoch Review - Impressed

Im loving the wee archer..took my thick ol brain a bit to work out the modes on switch,now its sunk in its awesome to use,point at ground lightly push switch till power level I want comes then click...so simple.
    dannyb likes this.

Seventenths - when headlamp or torch is in your bag, take a few seconds to loosen tailcap couple of turns until it can no longer switch on. That way it can't turn on from a bump.

370m is a bloody long way to be picking up a deer with a tiny light - even if it wasn't a full body ID!!

Used my HO1R tonight. When busy the switch set up took a bit to get used to. Useful throw of light in all the modes. Not really a light for spotting just more for walking I feel. Compact, no wires that’s a bonus. Even though it’s adjustable (sort of) for direction ie up or down it’s not the easiest to use. Possibly that’s just a hang over from using the Led Lenser. My thoughts only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the M1 Archer out last night bunny shooting where I started off just after 9:30 pm where the battery for the Archer wasn't 100% full.

I used it scan an area and once bunnies were sighted it was turned on and depending on range depended on how bright I needed it, bunnies lined up and then shot and then moved repeating as a went. The battery lasted me until just after midnight where I had a spare battery and kept going.

The combination of the Archer on the .17 HMR was just lethal and gave me more than enough light and didn't even make the rifle feel heavy or cumbersome.

The H01R headlight was awesome and it never went flat for the whole night and I know that battery wasn't fully charged either but put out a tonne of light to spot bunnies out in the paddock and is my new favorite headlight.

Looking forward to shooting more bunnies again with this awesome wee combination of Maxtoch lights.

Just some of the haul of 60+ bunnies, 1 hare, 6 possums.