Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By 30late
  • 2 Post By chainsaw

Thread: my new One Planet sleeping bag

my new One Planet sleeping bag

As i get older i am always looking for ways to lighten my pack, so just bought a lightweight sleeping bag just to use over the summer months.
    Decided on a One Planet Nitrous -3 rated bag , in its stuff sac with my silk liner it weighs 650 grams, and compared to my Domex mountaineer at 1.4kg that's quite a significant saving in weight and also in size.
    Of course i will have to test it out in the Ruahines in the coming weeks and months so i will report back when i do . Cheers and i see my photo is too large but here it is next to a one ltr drink bottleName:  20231228_095004.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  615.0 KBName:  20231228_080339.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  606.2 KB
    Last edited by 30late; 31-12-2023 at 10:26 AM.

I’ve really rate my One Planet Cocoon. Had it for several years now and found it excellent as balance between light weight & compact, & warmth
    GSP HUNTER and Basenjiboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I’ve really rate my One Planet Cocoon. Had it for several years now and found it excellent as balance between light weight & compact, & warmth
    Yes i nearly bought a -5 Cocoon , only a bit more weight at around 700 grams!! which is still very light.

Subscribed and waiting for your update/review. Been keen to get a one planet bag as well, I'm a short skinny fella so most sleeping bags are wasting space both in my pack and around my feet - either a nitrous or cocoon will be my pick I think.
    "O Great Guru what projectile should I use in my .308?" To which the guru replied, "It doesn't matter."
    -Grandpamac

STC
    Got a -15 OnePlanet Bungle in large. Cold sleeper but keeps me warm even in winter. And love the extra space. Absolutely love it.

Has a full length zipper and can be used as a duvet so is very versatile and use it summer and winter.

STC
    double post

Ned
    Had my -3 cocoon 5 years now. It's going great. One Planet bags would have to be top or near top of the heap for price/value.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

We have 3 OP bags and they are great value price wise and do the job well. My go to is the Nitreous large which I brought by mistake but have found I really appreciate the longer length over the regular. Always struggled with Macpac bags feeling too short at night
    When combined with a puffer jacket a lightweight bag makes so much sense