Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: small knife design , your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    Reciprocating saw, great to split in half down the spine...
    I have always used a panel saw. A sharp one will rip down the spine in about a minute and stay nice and straight. I always saw from the front (abdominal cavity) so the bulk of the bone chips go out the back.
    Tikka7mm08 and bully like this.

So the knife has been started, I went for "A" blade and "C" handle as that got requested quite a bit . Fits the hand well and feels nicely balanced in different grips.
    There are a few knives ahead of it under way but will post the progress just for fun and to keep you guys informed.
    At some stage I will make "B" as well just because there was some interest in the shape and it's not something I normally make.Name:  DSC_0117.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  2.61 MBName:  DSC_0115.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  1.97 MBName:  DSC_0116.JPG
Views: 465
Size:  2.01 MB
    Tahr, Bryan, GravelBen and 9 others like this.

That looks really good!

What did you cut the shape of the knife out with?
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

what the fucks up with your pinky did you just out down your tea
    Tikka7mm08 and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    if you lucky @kotuku i might be able to find mine it fell apart . not sure what the wife did with it when tidying up the house for the photos. will have a look over easter.
    mate youre bloods worth bottling -thanks for even giving it some thought .Even if its in parts -i casn rebuild it .
    Ihave a copy of the american schrade fingertip skinner -lovely wee knife-just doesnt quitefeel the same as that bugger did.
    Id pick it up and open up a breastbone like a pathologist at a postmortem .
    for tracing down the breastbone -bugger me an old shepherds pen knife GSPF found in water in front of a maimai at ellesmere and gave to me
    blade rusty as buggery handle cracked ,but i liked it and reconditioned it .It sharpens up faster than a scotsman can collar a dollar
    a couple of strokes with it along the collarbone lays that goose/mallard breast clean open!
    bloody amazing given my knife collection how i instinctively go for a certain knife for a certain job

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    if you lucky @kotuku i might be able to find mine it fell apart . not sure what the wife did with it when tidying up the house for the photos. will have a look over easter.
    yip both of mine have had the pin in back replaced by a good mate.......must take beer around when this lock down is over..

I like B. But here are 2 of my smaller knives...I do like the benchmade shape. 308 round for reference.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Mate - That bottom one's got my name all over it ..... just saw the thread great stuff.
    CD.
    Tikka7mm08, viper and Micky Duck like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

LOL. Yep that one is middle child's who was sitting on PS 4 a bit much. The bottom knife in pic got for the youngest.

Name:  20200409_221645.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  1.09 MB
    Carpe Diem, viper and Moa Hunter like this.

LOL. Yep that one is middle child's who was sitting on PS 4 a bit much. The bottom knife in pic got for the youngest.

Attachment 135639
    A very flash set of knives ,obviously well looked after too.happy hunting.
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    So the knife has been started, I went for "A" blade and "C" handle as that got requested quite a bit . Fits the hand well and feels nicely balanced in different grips.
    There are a few knives ahead of it under way but will post the progress just for fun and to keep you guys informed.
    At some stage I will make "B" as well just because there was some interest in the shape and it's not something I normally make.Attachment 135511Attachment 135512Attachment 135513
    It is a shape appealing to the eye Viper, but I don't think it will achieve what you are wanting to achieve.
    For gutting a fish, the blade has too much curve at the point, which will make it difficult to enter the vent. With that shape blade it will be hard to nick the gill artery. It is too curved for filleting.
    For quackers I think the blade is too wide to turn in the narrow space when breasting and the wrong shape for separating leg joints. I think the results on ducks will look like a Willy Duley back steaking job ( half the flesh left on the bones).
    For me if the blade was reshaped to be straighter from point to base - a bit like a half worn Mercator it would be better for purpose.
    viper likes this.

Fulla
    good idea, usually use hand saw.

Banned
    For me, the Car padeum blade shape with a hollow grind would actually work the best even if not the prettiest

Banned
    The modern reciprocating saw has many uses and after-market attachments - steady on the throttle boys https://trysexmachines.com/products/...ting-saw-dildo
    I believe @veitnamcam has one
    Last edited by Moa Hunter; 13-04-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Now here we have a classic NZHS case of a thread getting so far from the original topic is mind blogging. How did we get from this to this ?Name:  small knife designs.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  273.1 KBName:  Products_10031_1_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  29.3 KB.
    Firstly in @veitnamcam defense he has the larger version and it's apparently a different colour.
    Next @moahunter your sexual taste has clearly during lockdown lead you down some dark and twisted paths, get some help or at least contact Dewalt and see if they do a yellow and black version.
    Moa Hunter, Mathias and Stocky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    The modern reciprocating saw has many uses and after-market attachments - steady on the throttle boys https://trysexmachines.com/products/...ting-saw-dildo
    I believe @veitnamcam has one
    Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Now here we have a classic NZHS case of a thread getting so far from the original topic is mind blogging. How did we get from this to this ?Attachment 136052Attachment 136053.
    Firstly in @veitnamcam defense he has the larger version and it's apparently a different colour.
    Next @moahunter your sexual taste has clearly during lockdown lead you down some dark and twisted paths, get some help or at least contact Dewalt and see if they do a yellow and black version.
    I have the patent, your next shipments could be a little late sorry guys.
    viper and Moa Hunter like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.