Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kimber 7mm-08
  • 1 Post By Younghunter123
  • 3 Post By Younghunter123
  • 1 Post By Nick.m

Thread: Spotting scope opinions please

Spotting scope opinions please

So I'm in the market for my first spotting scope and I think I've narrowed it down to a Delta Titanium ED II 15-45x65 vs Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 leaning towards the Delta. I would like to get into digi-scoping which would seem to favor the Vortex as I couldn't find any options for Delta with Phone skope but everything else appears better on the Delta to be honest, anyone have experience with these they would like to share? Cheers

https://deltaoptical.co.nz/collectio...spotting-scope

https://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz/Vorte...Angled-Viewing

Make the Delta work somehow, it will eat the Vortex for breakfast.

I have the Delta and really like it. The challenge I am having is finding a suitable phone adaptor to fit the outside diameter of the eyepiece as both of my adaptors are too small (they both worked fine on the vortex razor spotting scope I had - which I replaced with the Delta).
    ElDax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber 7mm-08 View Post
    I have the Delta and really like it. The challenge I am having is finding a suitable phone adaptor to fit the outside diameter of the eyepiece as both of my adaptors are too small (they both worked fine on the vortex razor spotting scope I had - which I replaced with the Delta).
    Sounds about as I expected then, I did see phone skope has an option for making a custom adapter size although I'm not sure how much they charge for it. Looking like that might be the best option all things considered.

I’ve got a vortex razor 27-60-85 I’m going to sell. Only 2 months old used once at range. Was a replacement one. (I dropped original one) brought another while waiting for replacement. If your interested

I had the phone Skope adapter for a leupold was slightly to big just but a layer of electrical tape around the inside and fits mint onto the delta
    ElDax likes this.

H.M
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimber 7mm-08 View Post
    I also have the delta spotter and just ordered a mag plate phone cam adaptor. Should be here soon. It says will fit onto eyepiece upto 2.4 inches which the delta is just under so should be fine. Will find out soon.

Hey all,

Sorry to bump an old thread but..

Would the folks who own/use the delta spotters be happy to share any photos they've taken in the field and the range of the subject?

Name:  IMG_0941.jpeg
Views: 345
Size:  4.57 MB
    Few bulls at 900m got plenty of video of animals if you want to pm email address. As with most things image is definitely better quality when looking through the actual scope

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    I also have the delta spotter and just ordered a mag plate phone cam adaptor. Should be here soon. It says will fit onto eyepiece upto 2.4 inches which the delta is just under so should be fine. Will find out soon.
    Hey mate did your mag adapter arrive and if so does it work with the delta? Cheers
    Kimber 7mm-08 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Younghunter123 View Post
    Attachment 233580
    Few bulls at 900m got plenty of video of animals if you want to pm email address. As with most things image is definitely better quality when looking through the actual scope
    You legend, PM sent now. That image quality at that distance is great.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-camera-94408/

I put a pic up in here a while back I took through my delta 15-45.