Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Victory Knives

I like my dick. It's a boner, holds edge well better than my knifekut it's a boner too.
    I don't take my dick hunting. I prefer to use a bacho in the bushes.
    Three O'Three likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    cant fault the one Ive got.....holds edge nicely and easy to keep sharp..... but I not huge fan of Buck knives or gerbers....different strokes for different folks.
    Just my personal opinion had a rubbish run with them just not consistent, like a cheaper gun you can get a good one or bad one . As you said different strokes

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    I like my dick. It's a boner, holds edge well better than my knifekut it's a boner too.
    I don't take my dick hunting. I prefer to use a bacho in the bushes.
    F Dick perhaps???? I like the bacho but definately like using a boner in the bushes....

I'm an ex butcher and still use Victory knives. You could spend all morning boning out beef with them, a quick 5min touch on the stone after lunch and then back into it. A morning boning beef is way more work than the average hunting knife is going to see in a very long time.... I bought my last Victory; a little 4" drop point hunter direct from victory. Cost $25, so saved me 10 bucks and it was delivered to Taranaki the day after I ordered it. Came in a nice wee branded cardboard box. Damn good service
    Moa Hunter, Micky Duck, MB and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Whats a knife a little better then a Victory,another step up.
    i think gerber are rubbish and wouldn't buy a sword
    Hi bigbear I've got a Svord drop point now, have only done a couple of deer with it, no issues yet. I'm no expert I've got by until now with a folding mercator (and not the McCoy a cheap knock off) that thing used to fold up on me inside the deer and cut me knuckles. I did notice the Svord started getting rusty in the sheath when I first got it so learned to keep oiled when not getting used.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelo View Post
    Hi bigbear I've got a Svord drop point now, have only done a couple of deer with it, no issues yet. I'm no expert I've got by until now with a folding mercator (and not the McCoy a cheap knock off) that thing used to fold up on me inside the deer and cut me knuckles. I did notice the Svord started getting rusty in the sheath when I first got it so learned to keep oiled when not getting used.
    @Steelo I just bought a svord peasant, got a discount on it. Wasn't terribly sharp we I got so had to run it over my 1000-6000 whetstone, only just shaves hair and slices paper.
    Steelo likes this.

both my svord folders/peasant knives shave hair off arm no trouble...Ive boned deer out with both...hard work with the mini I will admit,as was dressing a sheep...but it did the job and I was stubborn enough to make it work.
    I do not really understand the hate of them...... they are what they are and they work just fine n dandy...I would take svord over buck all day long....I prefer softer steel.... I rememebr as a kid gutting possums for the dogs with a sharpened vege knife..... they work well for same reason,easy steel to sharpen. I know of folks who used the bone handled kitchen knife/bread ...basic table cutlery of old to skin animals,they take a very good edge......thinking about it as typed that they would make AWESOME filleting knife as have good flex.
    Steelo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    both my svord folders/peasant knives shave hair off arm no trouble...Ive boned deer out with both...hard work with the mini I will admit,as was dressing a sheep...but it did the job and I was stubborn enough to make it work.
    I do not really understand the hate of them...... they are what they are and they work just fine n dandy...I would take svord over buck all day long....I prefer softer steel.... I rememebr as a kid gutting possums for the dogs with a sharpened vege knife..... they work well for same reason,easy steel to sharpen. I know of folks who used the bone handled kitchen knife/bread ...basic table cutlery of old to skin animals,they take a very good edge......thinking about it as typed that they would make AWESOME filleting knife as have good flex.
    Yes yes the bone handled butter knife omg they were perfect flexibility for shucking scallops too, I've lost the one I scrounged off my Auntie dammit.
    Micky Duck, Ned and RV1 like this.

@Steelo Hit the op shops, they often have them from estate clearances
    CBH Australia and Steelo like this.