Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What head torch are people using?

LOC
    hey james, how does battery life go with the Zebra vs Armytek in general use situations?
    i have an armytek and it is pretty good, at times doesn't spit out quite enough light when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I have both Zebralight and Armytek. The Armytek Wizard has tailcap charger and aesthetically is nicer. The Zebralight kicks it’s ass though for grunt and is my EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by huglife View Post
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/type...ceBeautifyAB=0

I have this one. It does the trick for me. I initially used one like gadgetman recommends but it takes up so much space having two batteries and a separate battery pack so I bought the current model. When you have a 2 battery one you need at least 2 spare batteries as well which gets away from being any description of compact- and uncomfortable to have in a chest pocket etc. Just my opinion on it all
    I have just bought one of these for my wife and I have to admit it is on par with my Zebra Light for a fraction of the price.
    GWH and LOC like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I have just bought one of these for my wife and I have to admit it is on par with my Zebra Light for a fraction of the price.
    I bought a couple of these, and am really really impressed! 10 days to my door. Great build quality, rechargeable 18650 included, good full power run time, not a great spot beam but very good throw, light and compact. Gave one to a mate, and ordered a few more. Price point is bloody impressive when you compare to what we have on offer in stores here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...44e6b19ezWFlnJ

I also bought one of these for sh*ts and giggles. Walked out of the tops a week ago through the night, man it was good! Saw a few deer on the way out as well, at about 300 metres. Have used of for hare shooting, just twist it on my head slightly to line up with the rifle and scope like I used to with old school head spotlights. Goes reall good. The hinge may be a little fragile but if I'm careful with it I can see it lasting a while too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...44e6b19eiDtrwY
    Shearer likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

JC - I like the look of that aliexpress Boruit headlamp - they make some pretty reasonable stuff.

The big head and clear reflector will certainly give it some good throw - and if you're after even more throw gadget could dedome it and it'd really have some range..

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    JC - I like the look of that aliexpress Boruit headlamp - they make some pretty reasonable stuff.

The big head and clear reflector will certainly give it some good throw - and if you're after even more throw gadget could dedome it and it'd really have some range..
    Yeah I’m pretty impressed. Have maxtoch stuff and it’s nearly or as good. Did think about sending it to gman actually. Shot hares with 223 at over 200m the other night, it lit them up clearly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gadgetman likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Yeah I’m pretty impressed. Have maxtoch stuff and it’s nearly or as good. Did think about sending it to gman actually. Shot hares with 223 at over 200m the other night, it lit them up clearly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the look of that, though the hinge ratchet looks pretty flimsy.
    JoshC likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by duckdog View Post
    I use a ...Fenix TK11 velcroed to the side of the scope for spotlighting.
    They're only powerful enough for possums/bunnies. Def not deer lights

Newest Version OF Brightest and Best LED Headlamp 6000 Lumen flashlight IMPROVED LED, Rechargeable 18650 headlight flashlights Waterproof Hard Hat Light, Bright Head Lights, Camping, Running headlamps.

type this on amazon and you will find it, looks great and not too pricey.

[QUOTE=JoshC;710188]I bought a couple of these, and am really really impressed! 10 days to my door. Great build quality, rechargeable 18650 included, good full power run time, not a great spot beam but very good throw, light and compact. Gave one to a mate, and ordered a few more. Price point is bloody impressive when you compare to what we have on offer in stores here.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...44e6b19ezWFlnJ

This one looks good for using on the section outside at night. Really good price.... But for the life of me I can't work out the 2 different pricing options.... It says "emitting colour" but when you click on the second one a pic of an extra battery pops up with the pic..... Maybe I'm just dumb...... (No maybe about it.... ) ;-)