Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: AW,S NEWS

AW,S NEWS

Better to stand for something
    thn fall for nothing

king country

Re: whats happening Councillors
    Reply #1 - Yesterday at 5:12pm
    Ok, for those who are interested, here is the regulation report we received and take special note of staff recommendations.

http://auckland.fishandgame.org.nz/s...ikato/Regulati...

Why?

Because last year, council took the step of creating policy that councilors follow staff recommendations. They are the people who have the skills and are paid by us to inform us. Effectively, unless we feel there has been a grave mistake, we as council now stick to confirming what staff recommend.

Also, we now have the policy that any regulations are in place for 3 years to remove doubt and inconsistency from license holders minds. You guys all now know what the next 3 years will hold for you.

As such, councilors now leave decisions around Game bird releases to staff. I don't see that there has been any request to shoot outside of standard regulations for mallards.
    My understanding is that it is simply a permit to release mallards.

http://auckland.fishandgame.org.nz/s...ikato/Agenda%2...

Page 62 of the agenda has a summary and report on all the exemptions including Siminovich estate.

You will see that no paid for days are involved for either partridge or duck.

Also of interest, subject to approval, Partridge will now be included on the standard license for all game bird shooters in Auckland Waikato, with a limit of ten.

Hopefully this will provide an incentive for keen individuals to get out and rear them for their own sport. It certainly provides for a great alternative to pheasant with a 3 bird cocks only limit. So no exemption should be needed for a great days shooting.

I am really happy to report, that council has by and large moved into a new era, and is working together better and more effectively than it has for a long period of time. Which gos a long way towards explaining the lack of vocalness from many of us. There right now, is no need. Smiley

I would also like to say that the quality of reporting we are currently receiving from staff has improved dramatically, and makes our job infinitely easier. It is a pleasure to attend meetings.
    IM SURE THIS WILL GRATE ON AW DUCKHUNTERS GIVEN THIER NEW RESTRICTIONS A FEW WILL BE FAVOURED SYNDICATES AND POTENTIAL PRESERVES,AND THE REST CAN MARY ANTIONETTE IT..'''LET THEM EAT CAKE

Same crap different year Probably lower license sales accordingly
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Same crap different year Probably lower license sales accordingly
    i bet thats not what those who voted for change in AW thought they,d be hearing now.
    i have no problem with small groups of like minded guys trying to improve thier lot
    but it sends the wrong messsage as far as ducks go ie ''if you want ducks release your own''
    wouldnt that really be the death nell of f&G as a hunter/fisho lead mob if we have to do it all our selves??

Quote: I am really happy to report, that council has by and large moved into a new era, and is working together better and more effectively than it has for a long period of time. Which goes a long way towards explaining the lack of vocalness from many of us. There right now, is no need. Smiley

I would also like to say that the quality of reporting we are currently receiving from staff has improved dramatically, and makes our job infinitely easier. It is a pleasure to attend meetings. Quote:

Not directed at you GSP F... Hope one of the authors of that rubbish reads this.. Duh !

So previous staff issues are what caused the problems ??? Ha bet they be pleased to see you wrote that !!
    I bet your little meetings are fun fun fun .. . Sounds like there is no discussion required. Just sit round and eat scones drink cups of tea.
    Don't have to think or use any common sense at all. Next three years of reduced season will impact on licence sales.
    Take a look around are there not people trying to tell you that and complaints coming in..

Oh never mind keep your heads in the sand. It doesn't feel like you are promoting or encouraging the sport for any new folks to get involved...
    or current sportsmen who have invested heavily in all aspects of the sport not just the shooting part.. No I wont get involved or volunteer to
    assist as unfortunately have not enough patience to listen to blah blah blah .

in plain English the last manager stayed to long and failed to listen to his staff or licence holders.

without getting too mixed up with committee crap, it's good to see they are now letting the f&g staff actually call the shots.

the duck numbers are at very low numbers in the Waikato, to be honest they would have to expect a mass exodus from the sport and decline in licence sales ........... I will be spending a bit more time in the south island myself.
    Happy likes this.

What kind of habitat do partridge require??

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    A pear tree.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    A pear tree.
    Massive Answer that cracked me up ... I m gonna start breeding hawks so I can shoot as many as I like ...

Well they ll look like my releases... What sort of habitat do they need ??

Was exactly what I was thinking, followed by where can we get some?

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    IM SURE THIS WILL GRATE ON AW DUCKHUNTERS GIVEN THIER NEW RESTRICTIONS A FEW WILL BE FAVOURED SYNDICATES AND POTENTIAL PRESERVES,AND THE REST CAN MARY ANTIONETTE IT..'''LET THEM EAT CAKE
    No KWB or whatever handle you have on other forums, there is no favouritism, just positive outcomes for those who want to invest time and money. You sound like you just want everything to be delivered to you. If you bothered to read the rules you'd see next year's regs you'd see that the season length is less restrictive. So pray tell, what are these "new and grating"restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by No KWB or whatever handle you have on other forums, there is no favouritism, just positive outcomes for those who want to[U
    invest time and money.[/U] You sound like you just want everything to be delivered to you. If you bothered to read the rules you'd see next year's regs you'd see that the season length is less restrictive. So pray tell, what are these "new and grating"restrictions?
    invest a telling choice of words what will the return be for the average public land hunters who,s spots have been poisoned and degraded??
    may3rd to june 8th i bet the licence buying public can barely contain thier glee and the 3 shot rule only works for those who obey it.. look how the lifting of 3 shot limits is doing on americas snow geese problem its still chronic. cos basicly it makes no diff how many shots the average gun has bacause they dont use them properly anyway.
    i dont want everything delivered just what i thought i was paying a licence fee for,clean safe waterways and conditions where my target species can thrive while i still have accesss to them publicly

They like it hot and dry, dusty and ours really tend to accumulate around barns and houses! They like open paddocks with hedge rows

They don't really live in treed areas, like open ground with shubs about. Originate from hot, dry areas of Spain, so like it hot and dusty best

They like it hot and dry, dusty and ours really tend to accumulate around barns and houses! They like open paddocks with hedge rows

They don't really live in treed areas, like open ground with shubs about. Originate from hot, dry areas of Spain, so like it hot and dusty best
    So totally unsuited to the Auckland district then

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    So totally unsuited to the Auckland district then
    Farm land seems ok but no good for your place