Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By kotuku
  • 2 Post By Quackers
  • 1 Post By HUNTY
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 2 Post By Love_ducks
  • 1 Post By muka88
  • 1 Post By Dublinmooloo

Thread: Cupped Wing traditional parrie caller. (black one)

Cupped Wing traditional parrie caller. (black one)

Has anyone used the cupped wing traditional parrie caller. Would you recommend it? Is it any good? Or is there a better option? Cheers

Parries are weird birds.if they want to land they will.if they don't.your stuffed.call to attract attention then shut up.if you can do the zipzipzipzipzip rapidly,by all means do so.but silence is golden.i use a goose call.
    Dublinmooloo likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Ihave at various timkes used the whistle part of one of thoser kiddies party whistles -the ones where the tube unrolls when you blow on it. Had some success ,although often depends on it being younger birtds whose curiosity gets the better of them.Ive got a proper parrie call in my collection but again at times it to seems more attractive to geese.
    Dublinmooloo likes this.

Just bought a cupped wings Whitehead. Sounds good although when unboxing it it was so raspy I adjusted the Reed setup to sound correct as per Paul's sound file. I have a Gemmell parry caller which I've now retired as they are rare as hens teeth .I like the white head over the traditional but it's horses for courses.
    Micky Duck and Dublinmooloo like this.

Parries are a dumb bird, they will come into a duck call, you don't need an expensive call to get them in close.
    just get a cheaper parry call or blow your duck call, you can get a tone out of them that is close to a parry.
    Dublinmooloo likes this.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

OR JUST call like you are to mallards.....with mallard caller and a few mallard decoys...its noise to get attention then something to say its ok....
    Dublinmooloo likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Traditional and whitehead cupped wing calls are both good and hold merit in the right situation, definitely work amazing in the right situation but like all duck hunting you still need to be where the birds want to be or you will struggle. There a few cheaper options work alright but being nz made they are a great call and you can get them re tuned for free any time, another similar would be the Hammond parrie call. I prefer the the cupped wing but both good calls

Just brought one, i like it.
    Dublinmooloo likes this.

So I went out and brought one yesterday. Using it in the car on the way home. You know its good when you use it and ya just start smiling cause it sounds exactly like a parrie
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinmooloo View Post
    So I went out and brought one yesterday. Using it in the car on the way home. You know its good when you use it and ya just start smiling cause it sounds exactly like a parrie
    the only time youllknow its worked is when yousee that plump parrie hit the deck permanently. Ive seen some dumb parries too but ive also seen a bloody lot of cunning huas whod turn you inside out and arse about face and cackle whilst they did it! ask any old deerculler.