Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: flapper splasher decoys review

Name:  picture 01 5241.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  165.0 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I soon got rid of the flimsey plastic stick as there was no motion for the duck to rotate with the wind.Added a heavy stake and slightly taller for more elevation to get the wind flow.
    Attachment 198542
    As for those spoonzilla flappers they look worse than Adern with all those bloody teeth.
    Ive got a spoonzilla LOL and it seems to work well,lasts full weekend with 4 AA batteries .
    Dundee likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I run the first version of the higdon splasher flasher.. Has a big 12volt battery in box.. Timer buggered out so bout one on Aliexpress for 6 bucks and wire it up.. This year I added a $17 remote from surplustronics and wired that in. Now can turn off from where ever I put it round the pond. Seem to work well.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    I run the first version of the higdon splasher flasher.. Has a big 12volt battery in box.. Timer buggered out so bout one on Aliexpress for 6 bucks and wire it up.. This year I added a $17 remote from surplustronics and wired that in. Now can turn off from where ever I put it round the pond. Seem to work well.
    Good to hear it’s lasted that long. The latest ones have a 10 second timer which is awesome
    I’ve tried them all
    The lucky ducks and the mojo on water decoys although much cheaper are just junk
    It’s the old story you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Good to hear it’s lasted that long. The latest ones have a 10 second timer which is awesome
    I’ve tried them all
    The lucky ducks and the mojo on water decoys although much cheaper are just junk
    It’s the old story you get what you pay for
    Yeah still going hard.. One of my fav water decoys as the pole flappers seem to be on evey spot you. I've mounted some cable ties on my pole spinners on the wings... And put them close to the water.. That way they spray up a bit of water.. Or put it on a slight lean so thatvone wing just touches the water... Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    mate we have deployed one of those for 15 years...and have only once had enough wind for wings to spin....then fell over as wind really picked up...we have tried wings backwards as yours are and just about every other trick in the book...but just not enough breeze to make them work.
    Been some wind here lately,so much my flapper flew off the pole and lost its bloody wings. Found the decoy on other side of pond.Will have to do a day break mission to search for the wings....
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

the old story...by the time there is enough wind for them to work,you dont need them to work as enough movement anyway...
    Dundee and stagstalker like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

The Higdon Flapper Splasher goes well, although pricey. I got the old model that has a seperate battery pack that also acts as the anchor. Works great. That and a jerk string setup are my two tools in the toolbox on top of static decoys. I also have a Mojo Wing Spinner which is now about 10 years old and still going. I only really use it for paddocks or quick low light shoots where I can’t use the Higdon Flapper Splasher. I would love a second Higdon so they can run together with the timer offset so when one spins the other is in pause and vice versa. Maybe next season if I have the spare coin.
    Dundee, Micky Duck and chindit like this.