Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Is that a pukeko or a Takahe Oooops!

Oh Doc who the fuck is killing our birds now? Yes Doc you employed them. Four protected birds shot and no one gives a fuck about how many they 1080.....burp!

I haven't read all the posts yet
    Maca49 likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Bloody idoits they were told to shoot flying birds only ,they didnt follow instructions ........the public will think all hunters are idoits ...kick the sods in the arse they morons
    Natatale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Oh Doc who the fuck is killing our birds now? Yes Doc you employed them. Four protected birds shot and no one gives a fuck about how many they 1080.....burp!

I haven't read all the posts yet
    He who controls the media controls what the public are made to believe,yes it is sick.
    Pointer likes this.

Who cares? Honestly how many of you would even know they didnt exsist anymore if they all died and no one said a thing. Better things to spend money and time on rather then 250 fucking birds
    a little harsh toby i feel the same way about some silly plant they were wipin out the kaimanawa horses for.
    but if it was say the last 250 wild pheasants or canadas even parries,id be screamin blue bloody murder.
    perhaps the should have got fish and game shooters who i imagine would be fairly conscious of the shoot in flight rules??
    perhaps the poor deer hunters thought they were popin the fattest trophy pooks they,d ever seen.??
    its not funny well it kind of is to see doc and ngai tahu stampin its feet over 4 rare birds givin 1080 and pidgygate.
    ''what did sony tau say when caught at customs in the republic of southland''' you could have knocked me over with a feather''
    he wouldnt have got up easily either loaded down as he was

What even is that argument? errr they are nzda shooters thats why they shot the wrong bird derpp

Just cause they are NZDA members doesnt mean they only go deer hunting ffs

Pretty poor showing, from both DOC and the NZDS, screening should be on an individual basis for people involved around delicate species like that. 4/250-300 gone is a huge blow to the species.
    Whats the bet all 4 were done by 1 knobhead with an itchy finger
    Maca49 and Natatale like this.

I think your onto it Nick, a shoot up for the boys, with the circumstances there should have been vetting of the shooters, if there was they need an internal enquiry as to who fucked up
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    Pointer likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Yes, sadly ironic isn't it, 'Doc' Orbell, one of the founders of NZDA in 1937, rediscovered the Takahe in 1948.

He'd be turning in his grave..

All that hard work done by volunteers gone to waste.....tragic

B
    Actually, the fellow that discovered the Takahe was Edgar Williams. He told Orbell where they were and Orbell , being s "scientist" went and "officially re-discovered them.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Be interesting to see the official NZDA version of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Be interesting to see the official NZDA version of events.
    IF IT TWERE ME ID BE SAYING ''BOSS I THOUGHT IT WAS A FUCKIN HYBRID''
    ''i must of mistook its jumpin and wing flappin for flyin''
    ''thought the only reason it twerent flyin was cos it was to fat''

Apparently NZDA members have been involved in more than one of these culls and there have been no mishaps...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

I'm curious to hear the NZDA version because the birds weren't reported until DoC found them a couple of days later via their attached transmitters. That would indicate to me that the person or persons who shot the birds either did not confirm the kills or deliberately did not report they had killed birds carrying transmitters.

Have the birds been autopsied and confirmed killed by shotgun pellets?

Is it possible there were other "unofficial" shooters on the island either before or after the cull?

is it a possible set-up?
    It seems very fishy to me that official NZDA hunters did deliberately not report a mistake immediately, because they must surely have known the transmitters and birds would be found and quite apart from that fact, would presumably have been of good character to even be nominated by their branch to undertake the task. (Stupid decision as that may be--.)
    veitnamcam, Pointer and EeeBees like this.

I think it all comes down to the media Woody. We are never told the truth.They just want there story.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I'm sure Mr O'Leary will fully investigate, hopefully along with police and forensic scientists independent of DoC , Media or extreme greens. The truth will be interesting.