Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Is that a pukeko or a Takahe Oooops!

The truth will be buried! God I'm a cynical bastard, I must change my mind set, I must change my mine set, I must change my mine set..........hahahahahahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Woody, do you think they were shot from a grassy knoll, or book depository? >winkyface<

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I think it all comes down to the media Woody. We are never told the truth.They just want there story.

Headline news:

Media reports the truth. Yeah right!!! Theres a Tui ad for you if ever I saw one.

they can never let the truth get in the way of a story.

I don't blame you. be careful though cos I'm a 1080 terrorist "person of interest". Buggered if I know why though

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I don't blame you. be careful though cos I'm a 1080 terrorist "person of interest". Buggered if I know why though
    Goes to show how screwed up the cops are if your a " person of interest" obviously they haven't travelled far in a car with you!
    gsp follower likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Woody, do you think they were shot from a grassy knoll, or book depository? >winkyface<
    The grassy knoll! The book depository was a decoy, a red heron so to speak?
    EeeBees and gsp follower like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Oh, undoubtably a co-operative effort old chap
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Possibly shot from a helicopter bucket stained green!

Don't forget the Kiwi's killed on Little barrier Island which DoC conveniently omitted to report until weeks later when a weed spraying crew found them.

Or the penguins poisoned with brodifacoum in the gulf.

Or the fallow herds at Wakatipu and the Blue Mountains

Or Zealandia poisoning the Karori with Derris dust to kill the brown trout (and everything else), with DoC's blessing.

Or the thousands of Weka and Ruru wiped out

Or the rat plagues that occur after 1080 drops

Or the imminent 1080drop by TB Free and DoC over the Whirinaki Forest park, where there are no farms.

Pollution of rivers with poisoned rotting carcasses

etc etc etc
    Pointer, Maca49 and blake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    The grassy knoll! The book depository was a decoy, a red heron so to speak?
    Very witty, Maca...
    Maca49 likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I'm sure Mr O'Leary will fully investigate, hopefully along with police and forensic scientists independent of DoC , Media or extreme greens. The truth will be interesting.
    From the email sent out to all NZDA members, Bill O'Leary has conceded that a Department of Conservation investigation will determine that the birds were killed by a member or members of the association.

Im reading from this, that the guilty party/s has already been man enough and admitted fault and unless Bill just bought a jumbo box of tin foil it's not saying DOC is going to push NZDA under the bus regardless.
    gsp follower likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Possibly shot from a helicopter bucket stained green!

Don't forget the Kiwi's killed on Little barrier Island which DoC conveniently omitted to report until weeks later when a weed spraying crew found them.

Or the penguins poisoned with brodifacoum in the gulf.

Or the fallow herds at Wakatipu and the Blue Mountains

Or Zealandia poisoning the Karori with Derris dust to kill the brown trout (and everything else), with DoC's blessing.

Or the thousands of Weka and Ruru wiped out

Or the rat plagues that occur after 1080 drops

Or the imminent 1080drop by TB Free and DoC over the Whirinaki Forest park, where there are no farms.

Pollution of rivers with poisoned rotting carcasses

etc etc etc
    oh yes and while were about it .lets not forget DOCs ownership and efforts building the so called viewing platform at cave creek on the
    west coast. Puit together with 4"nails which led to 14people losing their lives as the bloody thing fell into the ravine!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    From the email sent out to all NZDA members, Bill O'Leary has conceded that a Department of Conservation investigation will determine that the birds were killed by a member or members of the association.

Im reading from this, that the guilty party/s has already been man enough and admitted fault and unless Bill just bought a jumbo box of tin foil it's not saying DOC is going to push NZDA under the bus regardless.
    Yes, I see what you mean kiwijames. however, I will reserve judgement until I know for sure NZDA hunters have admitted the killings. birds which have transmitters fitted and regularly get handled by humans get stressed and mortality is not uncommon as a result. At present the information available to us (the public) is far too vague to draw a proper conclusion.

In saying this; if it is properly established that NZDA persons DID kill those birds, then I will feel deep regrets for NZDA. But the loss of those birds is a sad thing for all NZ, regardless of cause.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Yes, I see what you mean kiwijames. however, I will reserve judgement until I know for sure NZDA hunters have admitted the killings. birds which have transmitters fitted and regularly get handled by humans get stressed and mortality is not uncommon as a result. At present the information available to us (the public) is far too vague to draw a proper conclusion.

In saying this; if it is properly established that NZDA persons DID kill those birds, then I will feel deep regrets for NZDA. But the loss of those birds is a sad thing for all NZ, regardless of cause.
    Yes, sad for sure. There will be no winner from any outcome and I hope the people do not get vilified like in the ridiculous Cecil debacle.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

If this mortality is the case, then have they or not confirmed whether the birds were shot or simply found dead? Would the noise of shotguns be enough to stress them out to a fatal extent? Autopsies? If this is the case then perhaps they will need to consider a more delicate approach to pukeko control...

Grass grubs laced with 1080?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough