Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: Shooting ducks on "reserve land"

Shooting ducks on "reserve land"

Hey guys, hope you had a good opening weekend ive being stuck at work haha, anyway theres a few spots i want to check out later in the season that are on council reserve land beside a river, is that actually ok? its a safe shooting area, the only info i can find is if its doc land to get a doc permit, but its not that, i can also find mention of a closed game area but cant find any reference to what that areas that actually is, cheers fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Howa1500 View Post
    Hey guys, hope you had a good opening weekend ive being stuck at work haha, anyway theres a few spots i want to check out later in the season that are on council reserve land beside a river, is that actually ok? its a safe shooting area, the only info i can find is if its doc land to get a doc permit, but its not that, i can also find mention of a closed game area but cant find any reference to what that areas that actually is, cheers fellas
    if it's council reserve you will need a permit , not worth the risk if its not .

Id contact both the council and DOC and speak to them specifically about what youve mentioned.Explain what youre in the dark about -hopefully someone with a modicum of commonsense cvan set your mind at ease .Note also who you speak too -should any hassles arise. Closed game area-give your local F&Goffice a ring -they may well be able to cast some light on that .come to think of it your 2023 F&Ghandbook your get with your license usually has these details for your area.
    Micky Duck likes this.