Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Smug Dog

  1. #1
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486

    Smug Dog

    Smug bastard retrieved 4 geese dropped in one barrage from the middle of a swift wide river and didnt miss a beat.

    I was over the moon with him.

    He has never retrieved any birds from swift water let alone geese.
    He intercepted them on his own perfectly. Swam like a seal.

    I couldn't believe he didn't try swimming straight at them first.
    Prick might have a brain after all

    He even got a tong up by one that still had some go in it, but that didn't faze him at all. He brought them to hand perfectly and then barreled back down river to cut another one off.

    Stoked with his effort. Think I can get over him chewing my knife up now.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    hillclima, jakewire, Tahr and 31 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  2. #2
    Member Micky Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    2,287
    good shit mate....really stoked for you. what happened to number 4????

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    1,756
    good shit

  4. #4
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    good shit mate....really stoked for you. what happened to number 4????
    Mate took it.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  5. #5
    Member mawzer308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    603
    Good work to you and your hound, the fast big water is really hard on them.

  6. #6
    Member Micky Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Geraldine
    Posts
    2,287
    pluck breasts....leave skin on...cube to about 1" size....shake n bake with seasoning and quick fry or better still coat with beer batter (edmonds cook book) and deep fry.....scoffemupdelishimo
    R93 and 40mm like this.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    6,378
    Least he's good for something, just need to keep him busy working so he's too tired for any trouble when he gets home. Good excuse for youth always be out and about as well

  8. #8
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    2,011
    See what you mean now - he is a "Big Boy" alright
    Sure he not got some Dane in him :-)

    Well done - good timing for you

  9. #9
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    pluck breasts....leave skin on...cube to about 1" size....shake n bake with seasoning and quick fry or better still coat with beer batter (edmonds cook book) and deep fry.....scoffemupdelishimo
    Going roast one and breast the others.
    I already love the cubed way but have never tried deep fried so will give that a go for sure
    How long in deep fryer? 5 mins?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  10. #10
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by mawzer308 View Post
    Good work to you and your hound, the fast big water is really hard on them.
    That's the thing. He didn't do it the hard way like I expected a dog, new to the fast water. He's big and swims hard.



    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  11. #11
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Least he's good for something, just need to keep him busy working so he's too tired for any trouble when he gets home. Good excuse for youth always be out and about as well
    I can't say I have ever seen a tired GSP mate. Overheated but not tired.

    He got a few devilled sausages tonite.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Scouser and Beaker like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  12. #12
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,262
    Terrific, jeez didn't he get big awful quick.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  13. #13
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Terrific, jeez didn't he get big awful quick.
    I was going to call him Moose when I first got him.
    Got out voted by the wife and kids.

    I think it would suit him now.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  14. #14
    Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Canty
    Posts
    148
    Big good looking hound alright! My GWPXGSP seems to know how to just make amends for the bad stuff 😎
    R93 and JoshC like this.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Smug bastard retrieved 4 geese dropped in one barrage from the middle of a swift wide river and didnt miss a beat.

    I was over the moon with him.

    He has never retrieved any birds from swift water let alone geese.
    He intercepted them on his own perfectly. Swam like a seal.

    I couldn't believe he didn't try swimming straight at them first.
    Prick might have a brain after all

    He even got a tong up by one that still had some go in it, but that didn't faze him at all. He brought them to hand perfectly and then barreled back down river to cut another one off.

    Stoked with his effort. Think I can get over him chewing my knife up now.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    fark im good lookin eh and talented too-dont ya dare try asnd goose me ya huas.Imasproud as a dog with two dicks!
    eh what -the boss -ah that time of the month for rth old bugga -jess was only a knife and not even that bloody tasty!!
    madjon_ and R93 like this.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!