Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Attn Pig Islanders.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I should be out there now!....forcast is good mornings and passable evenings all week...unfortunatly I have shitloads of work on at the mo and startinng early so thats fishing before work out and if I go after work in my own boat I wont get to bed till midnight at least...........maybe later in the week
    Yeah, unfortunately I have these two short people that live in my house that I need to watch/feed/pull out of the pond until their mother gets home, which is about 7 most nights, by then it's too late to get out.

And then it blows its tits off every weekend, well has done so far this summer....
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately I have these two short people that live in my house that I need to watch/feed/pull out of the pond until their mother gets home, which is about 7 most nights, by then it's too late to get out.

And then it blows its tits off every weekend, well has done so far this summer....
    You are preaching to the converted mate,its same same in my house.....thats why I get frustrated and do stupid shit like get up at 2 or 3 to go fishing and be in and at work by 7 only plus is I can usually get the wife to pick up chilly bin from work and put fish in fridge and if not I will land it on a mate
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    But its shit for knot strength
    I've never had any issues.
    I did a lot of (semi-scientific) testing many years ago and found it pretty good. Always above 85%. That was before I knew anything about the PR of FG knot. I think I like it because it is so versatile and easy to tie.
    I use it in conjunction with a Bimini twist in the braid if I have time to tie one.
    Gibo likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

@sambnz and his lady showed me how to slay gurnard on softies, we sat outside the islands at okiwi at 70 ft, Sambnz first drop hooked up within a min, then for the next half hour they boated a good handful, some excellent fish amoungst them. I managed a single then the snakes turned up and we could not get a rig to the bottom. We kept a snake for hook line bait and enjoyed the power of a few more on light gear, but the weather and loss of gear moved us on. NC and a blue spekled jerk shad doing the damage.
    veitnamcam, Munsey, mikee and 3 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Flicked all manner of soft baits,lures,jigs and slow jigs around for 4 hours solid this morning for zilch while my Dad caught snapper and sharks and my boy caught gurnard, yellow eyed mullet,barracuda.
    I had one take in 4 hours I think was a gurnard but didn't hook up.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Same result, dirty water?? Had good success with cleaner water as posted previously , you had more paitence than me, I snuck a ledger rig on about an hour in and boated some cod. To be honest we struggled all weeeked productive spots were dead , vis was arse! But thanks to VC for some solid advise we snagged a good snapper and gurnard. So may not be the softies fault just hard fishing?
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Same result, dirty water?? Had good success with cleaner water as posted previously , you had more paitence than me, I snuck a ledger rig on about an hour in and boated some cod. To be honest we struggled all weeeked productive spots were dead , vis was arse! But thanks to VC for some solid advise we snagged a good snapper and gurnard. So may not be the softies fault just hard fishing?
    It was definitely much slower fishing this morning than Sat morning but these things are supposed to outfish bait and I haven't seen them do that even once yet.
    stingray likes this.

Agreed , I've gone full circle, bugger the brought bait, bugger the softies , bugger the lures , bugger the flasher rigs....fresh barracotta and ledger rigs and strips of cotta and running sinker.
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Agreed , I've gone full circle, bugger the brought bait, bugger the softies , bugger the lures , bugger the flasher rigs....fresh barracotta and ledger rigs and strips of cotta and running sinker.

Certainly different baits and different presentation seem to work well at different times.....strayline was deadly pre spawn.....but it hasn't caught a fish of any sort in ages.
    Now the flasher ledger rigs are working which has always been my go to.
    stingray likes this.