Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By raydafish

Thread: bait runner

bait runner

seem to have a problem with a 2 year old shimano bait runner reel, as I am reeling the line in with a fish on the drag starts to tighten up, you can actually see it happening, the drag starts to work its way in the opposite direction of the spool rotation.
    I have had lots of bait runners and this is the first time I have had this problem on any of them.
    Soooo...does it need some lubrication somewhere?
    any info will be appreciated.
    cheers

Caretaker
    It will need stripped down and the drag assembly secured properly upon reassembly
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Thanks for that 7mmsaum, being such a nasty day up here I have done some research and its quite common for shimanos, I checked the drag washer assembly which was fine and as it came from the factory.
    So I greased the rubber seal behind the drag knob...apparently this gets dry ( it was ) and creates more friction than the drag washers and subsequently tightens up the drag knob.
    Heres to not losing more good snapper.
    Cheers
    rugerman and Moa Hunter like this.

Their carbon washers aint the best at times. We buy our sheets from aussie and replace. Need the best grease.