Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sika stag

Thread: Fish Seeker Mini Kontiki mother board query

Fish Seeker Mini Kontiki mother board query

Mate has a Fish Seeker Mini Kontiki that got water into the guts of it. Sand in hatch seal he thinks. He contacted the TV Shop for a new mother board as everything else seems OK but was told he has to buy a whole new guts for $600 odd bucks.
    Any ideas on a cheaper fix?

If he's happy to solder stuff in he can just buy the faulty components and fix it. I would say if it's the one with the remote for opening the the hatch with the baits in, there would be a few techo bits in it. I assume the receiver and stuff are all soldered into the circuit board ?

honestly nowadays finding the components is a battle alone.
    i just spent 3.5 hours tracing thru wiring and electronics to find a shitty solder joint to spent 30 seconds on.
    wiring diagrams are impossible to find, i could spend an hour to find a part on element14/RS etc.
    up to the owner i guess

Similar story here sadly. I do very very few repairs outside of my job. Only for my mates and when I have free time.
    I have found other than that its just not worth the stress and hassle

Thats what we both thought gonetropo/mikee. He might have to wait for an offshore wind and use plastic kleen sacks, aka poor mans kontiki.

lol good luck with that. The old man used to battle with weather balloons and a then a sail with a barley sugar to melt and drop the sail after 20ish minutes. The chances of an off shore wind seriously limits the times you can launch them. Since those little units sell for about $1500, your mate might as well pay the 600 for new internals and then work on making sure the thing is 100% water tight so it doesn't happen again.

If he does repair of get a new board. you should coat it is Coformal Coating or dip in some resin/varnish to waterproof the board for next time it leaks.
    rugerman likes this.