Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: DIY kontiki info

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    I only take home 30lb+ fish chris so wont work for me
    I don't eat "shit fish" ,prefer some thing eatable but what ever floats ya boat .
    veitnamcam and Gapped axe like this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Do you dig them into the garden?
    Na i just use them as berly to catch bigger fish. Then i use the bigger fish as life bait to catch marlins then i use the marlins as dog food. Its really the long way about getting dog food but works for me
    Spook likes this.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Looking at the electronics side of things it isn't going to be as easy as I thought. It is going to be easier and cheaper. I reckon the guts can be put together for NZ$25-30 for a GPS guidance based system.
    Toby and Beaker like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

How on earth do you get a gps and controllers for that money and why are the ones we carry around 20 times the cost?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    How on earth do you get a gps and controllers for that money and why are the ones we carry around 20 times the cost?
    I'd be interested too, gps modules are cheap but the rest of it not so much, especially autopilots
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Keen to learn more on the gps to 'real world' control interface for this price and simplicity to!

Also @gadgetman do you do electronic design in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Keen to learn more on the gps to 'real world' control interface for this price and simplicity to!

Also @gadgetman do you do electronic design in general?
    It will not have any display as such as an unmanned kontiki wont need one, though it could be added.

GPS Module

Free shipping ! GY NEO6MV2 new GPS module NEO6MV2 NEO 6M with Flight Control EEPROM MWC APM2.5 large antenna-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Micro Controller

J34 Free Shipping Pro Mini Atmega328 5V 16M Replace ATmega128 For Arduino Compatible Nano With Pin -in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Comapss

Y92" Free Shipping 1PC 3V 5V HMC5883L Triple Axis Compass Magnetometer Sensor Module For Arduino-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The bits clip together and you just program the microcontroller to do what you want. I studied electrical & electronic engineering but branched out into IT.
    Beaker likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Bugger it, I can't turn the brain off. Would be easy enough to have the thing continue to monitor the GPS and after a set period of time decide if it is being dragged back to its start point or not. If not then fire up the motor and drive steer itself back to its launch point. A simple fail safe for a cut retrieve line.

I'm going to start with a wheeled version to test out the software.
    stingray likes this.

Now there is a good idea.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    That's awesome, good 'ol Chinese - all the bits you need for your DIY 'cruise missile', 'fishing machine'. And under US$15 delivered...

I don't need a kontiki, but I'm wondering what I need that requires those bits just well, because...
    Exactly. I'm thinking of all sorts of things to do with the pile of extra bits I ordered; at those prices I figured one wasn't enough. Could flog off the programmed brains on TM and make a killing when compared to what is available already.

Yup. From an individual transistor to a complete engine rebuild kit for my wagon.

The brains have arrived. The micro-controller and GPS module next to an 18650 cell and and empty 223 case.

veitnamcam and stingray like this.

GM ,even with pictures you still have me stumped as to were to start . think the idea of a self returning kontiki is fantastic all the same!!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    GM ,even with pictures you still have me stumped as to were to start . think the idea of a self returning kontiki is fantastic all the same!!
    Sort ya avatar out stinger, just fucked me neck
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    That little board in the middle is the real heart. It is a little computer that can be programmed from a computer and all the little dots around it at where you connect it to power, other circuits, etc. It will monitor the GPS module which just puts out the same sort of info as any other GPS and turn the motor on and off and work the steering through a servo from a remote controlled model.