Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree14730Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    anyone having any luck in the tasman bay lately?
    30m apparently.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    screamO likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

@screamO

I have spent the whole last week in marahau launching water taxis and i can tell you the place is still extremely busy as is kaiteri. There are a shit load of private boats on the water every day !!

If I was you, i'd wait until next week as traditionally this is the last of the really busy weeks

On the fishing front....Dad has taken his Chch mates out twice in the last week (30+m) They have had good snapper catches both times but none of them have been rod caught. All fish have come off the longline !!

There are heaps of kingis about, on two occasions in the last week I have seen them right up next to the beach smashing bait fish. The second time they were so shallow i could have driven the tractor right thru them!! The sort of thing you only see when you don't have a rod

Also the water is warm enough for tuna and although it is early days if you are out wide keep your eyes out for them as someone has to be the fist to find some

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

The fishing gods are real ...they know I've been good
    .....ok ....
    .....I may have sent them a bribe $$$

But look they respond with shiny stuff
    Name:  IMG_1382.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  1.14 MB
    Nil durum volenti !!

Have heard in Goldenbay off the mussel farms the kingfish are thick. Mate fishing with just bait caught 3 kingfish in the space of a hour, smallest 82cm, biggest 104cm.
    gadgetman, Pengy, screamO and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Have heard in Goldenbay off the mussel farms the kingfish are thick. Mate fishing with just bait caught 3 kingfish in the space of a hour, smallest 82cm, biggest 104cm.
    Yep they are everywhere at the moment....getting caught on baited flasher rigs.
    Going to have a go landbased at shit the bed sunday morning if you want to come along?

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yep they are everywhere at the moment....getting caught on baited flasher rigs.
    Going to have a go landbased at shit the bed sunday morning if you want to come along?
    Could be keen, i txt you
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    anyone having any luck in the tasman bay lately?
    Well.....I can tell you where they aren't! but there longer Skinner cousins seem to be there!
    I think ive spent more money catching no fish for the last 2 weeks than.......na, im not even going to try and work it out;
    veitnamcam likes this.

A new day a new spot.. Fishn slow views not badName:  IMG_20190113_061252.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  4.62 MB

Success the much sort after southern spotarse a favourite treasured by many small children.
    Name:  IMG_20190113_061349.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  2.24 MB

Burley is working bout a hundred bait fish but no sign of anything larger
    Name:  IMG_20190113_061153.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  2.05 MB
    Nil durum volenti !!

Sum total of the day, saw one occie , VC slaughtered two / three spotties! I got pecked to death and then as the tide ran out so did the peckers! Eat tucker drank tea watch the sun rise yarned laughed cast a few baits wandered home to my chores! Thanks VC for another sunrise and day full of hope and promise...beats getting old wasting days waiting to go fishing
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Sum total of the day, saw one occie , VC slaughtered two / three spotties! I got pecked to death and then as the tide ran out so did the peckers! Eat tucker drank tea watch the sun rise yarned laughed cast a few baits wandered home to my chores! Thanks VC for another sunrise and day full of hope and promise...beats getting old wasting days waiting to go fishing
    Didnt help much that my tackle box marked "kingfish" was left at home
    Topwater fishing with no gear lol....anyway will put it down to experience....still determined to get a topwater king from shore, may have to start out from the boat at the spat farms to break the jinx and Christen the rod.....so far the only fish it has caught is a bloody big blue shark!

gadgetman, stingray and kukuwai like this.

Good stuff you fellas, sure was a beautiful sunrise this morning. Looks like i was just a few km up the coast from you (we camped at watering cove last night)

I couldn't manage to catch anything this morning either but did get a couple of small brim last night from the beach with the surf caster

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Well thats better than yesterday, all we saw walking the dogs was the same family of as the week before slaughtering the shellfish beds out at Delaware and playing "me not understand when we asked if they knew the limit was 50 each" Would be nice to see a "Plain Clothes Fisheries Officer" out there at low tide in the weekends as its becoming more common than not. Its not the boat guys they really need to target!! Once a bucket / bag is full one of the kids gets sent back to the car while they carry on filling the others.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Hey Mikee it is 150 per person for cockles and tuatua .....but yes I feel your pain.... with no size limit or even catch limit of some species everything gets stripped bare......our fishing rules and policeing of those rules have not kept pace with globalization and immigration.....most other cultures keep EVERYTHING they catch or can gather big or small.

That needs to change and very soon or it will be too late if it is not already.d

Sideshow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Hey Mikee it is 150 per person for cockles and tuatua .....but yes I feel your pain.... with no size limit or even catch limit of some species everything gets stripped bare......our fishing rules and policeing of those rules have not kept pace with globalization and immigration.....most other cultures keep EVERYTHING they catch or can gather big or small.

That needs to change and very soon or it will be too late if it is not already.d

What about mussels cause thats what was in the buckets, I though was 50?? So i guess that means 50 mussels + 150 Cockles/tuatua per person so 200 x 6 = 1200 for one family if you included the 3 under that looks like they are under 5 + the older kid

The beds wont take a hammering like that for long, hope they don't "discover" whats on the main beach
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Well thats better than yesterday, all we saw walking the dogs was the same family of as the week before slaughtering the shellfish beds out at Delaware and playing "me not understand when we asked if they knew the limit was 50 each" Would be nice to see a "Plain Clothes Fisheries Officer" out there at low tide in the weekends as its becoming more common than not. Its not the boat guys they really need to target!! Once a bucket / bag is full one of the kids gets sent back to the car while they carry on filling the others.
    Same mob are there on the full,with Sabiki rigs slaughtering mini Kahawai. All go in the bucket.
    mikee likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out