Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree14707Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Slow to get away this morning...trying to get two boys up and ready tried my patience.
    Late for the tide to get in I got wet walking the boat out to deep water.
    Sun coming up moon still high in the sky.

Name:  IMG_20200607_075752.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  3.21 MB

Name:  IMG_20200607_080706.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  1.23 MB

Lots of fresh water in close still but windy out wide.

Dropped a longline and burleyed up for the last of the incoming tide...... nothing....no bites.

Buggered off to try catch a cod at the top of the tide, got a bit windy/sloppy......no bites and only one 32.5cm cod boated and released. Guest boy feeling seasick I made the call to come in on the high.
    Name:  IMG_20200607_093522.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  3.51 MB

No fish were harmed.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Bloody good on ya for taking young blokes out. Every experience is so important!
    veitnamcam, rugerman and kukuwai like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Good on ya VC
    That's why it's called fishing and not catching aye
    Can't count the number of times I've gone surfcasting and stood in the rain and shite, chucked a heap of money into the sea ( terminal tackle and a smorgasbord of various baits) and come home empty handed. I look at it as a form of meditation these days ( especially with a boat and all the extra dollars involved)
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Good on ya VC
    That's why it's called fishing and not catching aye
    Can't count the number of times I've gone surfcasting and stood in the rain and shite, chucked a heap of money into the sea ( terminal tackle and a smorgasbord of various baits) and come home empty handed. I look at it as a form of meditation these days ( especially with a boat and all the extra dollars involved)
    Yea I normally always get a feed at least but didn't want to stick it out with a kid feeling a bit crook....its sopost to be fun.
    Where I launched is good to get on and off the trailer about 2 hours either side of low for half an hour and half a hour either side of high so if I didnt come in then it would have been another 3 hours at least.
    He got sent home with a feed of flounder he helped gut tho.
    rugerman, stingray, Beaker and 1 others like this.

Wise move I would think. Nothing worse than having a sick kid on board for hours
    Pretty hard case, I found out I'm a bit prone to seasickness after I bought a boat.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Wise move I would think. Nothing worse than having a sick kid on board for hours
    Pretty hard case, I found out I'm a bit prone to seasickness after I bought a boat.
    My old late uncle was one of Nelsons most prolific recreational fishers and he got sea sick.....he would have been a comercial fisherman if not for that.
    rugerman likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Ginger ale or ginger nuts are a good cure otherwise try standing under a tree. My mates took me away for the weekend to Ohiwa Harbour. Only got 3 good sized flounder in the nets nothing on the surf casters and Big Gun got a very sizeable Kahawai the next day from the boat. Man it was cold. Am now to weak to be able to get into the boat by myself so Big Gun just picked me up and put me in it. Was a very sad moment indeed but hey was still out there trying to do it. Hopefully I will get to the Bach again and the son, I know will sort things for me. Still great to be out for the weekend with great friends. Memories.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Ginger ale or ginger nuts are a good cure otherwise try standing under a tree. My mates took me away for the weekend to Ohiwa Harbour. Only got 3 good sized flounder in the nets nothing on the surf casters and Big Gun got a very sizeable Kahawai the next day from the boat. Man it was cold. Am now to weak to be able to get into the boat by myself so Big Gun just picked me up and put me in it. Was a very sad moment indeed but hey was still out there trying to do it. Hopefully I will get to the Bach again and the son, I know will sort things for me. Still great to be out for the weekend with great friends. Memories.
    Keep goin as long as you are able Bos , as you said, making memorys.
    rugerman and stingray like this.

Probably always caught fish since he was burlying up the place all the time

Might try some gingerale next time, I use sealegs which seem to be ok. I have heard about the "Paihia bomb" supposed to be the shizzle from the pharmacy in Paihia.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    My old late uncle was one of Nelsons most prolific recreational fishers and he got sea sick.....he would have been a comercial fisherman if not for that.

Pihia bombs are no longer made i believe, i think i have 7 left ...

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Nulseacalm is the go to, need to have ID on you when buying.
    rugerman likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

When I was deepsea fishing I used to tell cadets who were sick to eat chocolate, they would look to me with a glimmer of hope in their eye and ask if it would stop them being sick? No I would say but it still tastes good on the way back up.
    Pengy, Beaker and Shearer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    When I was deepsea fishing I used to tell cadets who were sick to eat chocolate, they would look to me with a glimmer of hope in their eye and ask if it would stop them being sick? No I would say but it still tastes good on the way back up.
    You mean barsted !!!
    Best cure I had once - Kina
    Instant fix

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    You mean barsted !!!
    Best cure I had once - Kina
    Instant fix
    Really? Every time I have tried kina I have drank and gargled salt water to try get the taste out of my mouth.....apparently they are sopost to be sweet but no local ones I have ever tried have been? Like trying to eat a just dropped acorn bitter !
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Fuck!!!!!
    Forgotmaboltagain+1