Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree14668Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Was at a Matariki event with partner and chatting about firearms law to a guy I know and the local green party 'person' butted in and commented that once they had the guns they were going to push for all boat registration and fishing licenses same as the trout system.

Was nice to take my daughter fishing when she was younger.
    Sounds about par for the course with our government. Axe the policy that would provide serious benefits to the fishery (on board cameras) and focus on the soft target, Joe average out feeding his family.

Although tbh after some of the close calls I've had in/on the water some sort of boating license wouldn't be a terrible thing. I swear like 50% of boaties don't have a fucking clue about how to safely and effectively operate a watercraft

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Sounds about par for the course with our government. Axe the policy that would provide serious benefits to the fishery (on board cameras) and focus on the soft target, Joe average out feeding his family.

Although tbh after some of the close calls I've had in/on the water some sort of boating license wouldn't be a terrible thing. I swear like 50% of boaties don't have a fucking clue about how to safely and effectively operate a watercraft

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Here its like 80% over the months of December and January.
    Nick-D likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Boys rock fishing trip this weekend coming, and today the weather was great, so the boss said we'd better go get some bait for the weekend...

Name:  received_656972304729542.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  225.1 KBName:  received_2294998333926678.jpeg
Views: 251
Size:  132.4 KB

Huge schools of kawaii everywhere.
    Didnt have much luck on the snaps though, but didnt really try to hard.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    (And admit it, I bet you had fun to! )
    I did, and it's embarrassing getting more excited than a 4 year old when a bite finally happens!
    Beaker likes this.

Tough day at Kaikoura today , frosty road conditions saw a jack knifed semi on the Kaikoura highway , all the turf north way mud brown / milky ..heading south after the hold up ..didn't see much improvement..out of South Bay in VC's dive boat got out and up th coast vis was shit and any decent cracks I managed to bomb into were empty! Saw more Kina than I have ever before.

Will leave this coast for the spring and the return of the blue water ...was a test run for the dive boat which worked out very well so not a complete loss , and always a day away getting wet , wetting lines and traveling has a magic happiness of it own!
    veitnamcam, Pengy, deer243 and 3 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Tough day at Kaikoura today , frosty road conditions saw a jack knifed semi on the Kaikoura highway , all the turf north way mud brown / milky ..heading south after the hold up ..didn't see much improvement..out of South Bay in VC's dive boat got out and up th coast vis was shit and any decent cracks I managed to bomb into were empty! Saw more Kina than I have ever before.

Will leave this coast for the spring and the return of the blue water ...was a test run for the dive boat which worked out very well so not a complete loss , and always a day away getting wet , wetting lines and traveling has a magic happiness of it own!
    Is this a new dive boat?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post

Yea always good to get away shame about the viz.
    One of these days I will get to fire my speargun

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Is this a new dive boat?
    Na we took Tinny Punt with the idea being we could carry it down a beach and dive less dived turf.
    Still needs more horsepower but it did the job.

Heaps of gurnard out in the bay of delaware. My mate has been picking up 10-18 good ones with a few kahawai last few trips in short order.

13 fat flounder this morning mostly good size.
    More river flounder than yellowbelly.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Shootm, R93, rugerman and 9 others like this.

Out with Dad and they boy this morning.
    Dad was up to his old tricks of tangling up with anything and everything possible to tangle with Despite that the boy managed to land some good gurnard.

A long long we had set resulted in one gurnard 22 spiky dogs and 2 Chinamen

Tried what used to be a good winter terikihi spot but just got undersized cod.

Home with a few feeds of carrots just as the wind got up.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    stingray, Beaker, Shearer and 1 others like this.

Went up the island yesterday, tried my normal gunard spot, nothing but sharks.....hauled some of the best cod I've seen for ten + years and some good paua. Talked to some guys fishing in Port Hardy that caught some great snapper but all on those bottom ship things. We tried with bait but that didnt work....all in all a bloody good day out.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Went up the island yesterday, tried my normal gunard spot, nothing but sharks.....hauled some of the best cod I've seen for ten + years and some good paua. Talked to some guys fishing in Port Hardy that caught some great snapper but all on those bottom ship things. We tried with bait but that didnt work....all in all a bloody good day out.
    @stingray
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Great day on the water. And Clay's off the back for a bit....
    For a foreiner and gun virgin. He loved it. However, these under and over things aren't as nice to shoot as a versamax ( now illegal.....)......

Name:  20190707_142124.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  5.09 MB

Name:  20190707_104852.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  3.83 MB

Fishing was tough.....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    Why is your versamax illegal?

Mine is all compliant. Removed the extension, replaced mag spring and now holds 4+1 3" shells.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Why is your versamax illegal?

Mine is all compliant. Removed the extension, replaced mag spring and now holds 4+1 3" shells.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Because I haven't done this yet.....

And being law abiding, I grabbed the the other shotgun. I am now speeding up fixing the versamax.

Now just to find fish......