Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Possible changes to snapper limits for Area SNA1

LOL i get more bites on this thread then when i go fishing.

Actually no I won't shut up I get out for a fish once in a blue moon last time I went out I released three fish and kept one for dinner if Mfish wanted to come along and inspect my catch they are more than welcome to do so. I was bought up on fishing and I do give a shit about the sustainability of the fish stocks if you think my attitude towards this sucks then I do not really care what you think I am sticking up for what I believe in, what really fucks me off is those cunts who come along and think they can keep undersized fish and exceed daily bag limits because they have no idea of the rules or just do not wish to abide by them, those are the cunts who do not give a shit and have bad attitudes and those are the cunts who are putting the noose around our necks.
    Last edited by hunter308; 05-08-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    veitnamcam, Maca49 and Hunt4life like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    LOL i get more bites on this thread then when i go fishing.
    now listen here you old snapper, You have exceeded your daily bite limits I will now come and confiscate all of the beer out of your fridge and help you drink it
    mucko likes this.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    You have exceeded your daily catch limits I will now come and confiscate all of the beer out of your fridge and help you drink it
    no beer it my fridge bugger it all i do have some 21 year old whisky thou

no beer it my fridge bugger it all i do have some 21 year old whisky thou
    BUGGER!!!!!!! I can't drink spirits gives me a headache everytime

Actually no I won't shut up I get out for a fish once in a blue moon last time I went out I released three fish and kept one for dinner if Mfish wanted to come along and inspect my catch they are more than welcome to do so. I was bought up on fishing and I do give a shit about the sustainability of the fish stocks if you think my attitude towards this sucks then I do not really care what you think I am sticking up for what I believe in, what really fucks me off is those cunts who come along and think they can keep undersized fish and exceed daily bag limits because they have no idea of the rules or just do not wish to abide by them, those are the cunts who do not give a shit and have bad attitudes and those are the cunts who are putting the noose around our necks.

minding the c word because i find it offensive and uncalled for. i agree that those types stuff it for everyone and sadly it happens on both sides of the fence. it is a nice attitude you have unfortunately not all people share the same view. dont see to many commercial guys on coastwatch mind you heaps of recos with excess fish and under sized ones.

BUGGER!!!!!!! I can't drink spirits gives me a headache everytime
    the good shit wont

i will stop winding up now i just wish poeple were a bit more open minded and stop blaming other people for shit that happens. for those recos the do care keep it up

It would seem the problem still lays squarely with a quota system that is being exploited for commercial gain?
    Hunt4life likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    It would seem the problem still lays squarely with a quota system that is being exploited for commercial gain?
    Nail on the head

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Hunt4life likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

minding the c word because i find it offensive and uncalled for. i agree that those types stuff it for everyone and sadly it happens on both sides of the fence. it is a nice attitude you have unfortunately not all people share the same view. dont see to many commercial guys on coastwatch mind you heaps of recos with excess fish and under sized ones.
    Yeah no worries mate will try to minimise my use of the c word it just every time I see someone keep an undersized fish or take more than what they are legally allowed to it enrages me quite a lot when I see it. Hell even the mussel population on the rocks has taken a hit with all of the raping that goes on there by joe public don't even get me started on that.

Culture differences are screwing the world
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Exactly , perhaps the commercial boats should be made to use baited hooks too.Leave the trawling and or pair trawling off for a year or two. There is a trawler goes past Whiritoa every day just over 1km out with its gear down. You can't tell me that's good for our in shore fishery ,more like rapping the stocks. Spring early summer they're in a lot closer than 1km in the small hours,are they perhaps targeting the spawning fish? Certainly looks like that being the case ,so think its time these people played the game & everyone will benefit .
    Lets cut the commercial quota or keep the trawlers out past the 10 km & give the inshore fishery a chance to regenerate for the common good .
    Maca49 and Hunt4life like this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Having spent 9 years deep sea fishing i got quite despondent with the whole management from govt to company to skipper to crew.

The govt just adjust quota to what the big 3 tell them to adjust it to.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    And here is the crux of this issue. I'm hating reading comments which waver away from the root fact that this fishery is in trouble and the only serious threat to it in the first place is a big export industry arm wrestle.
    My position is fiercely rigid that any fish caught in NZ waters should stay in NZ. If the rest of the world want to deplete their resources for a few short term dollars, fine. Ten years ago, I used to be able to go out for a land based fish and usually catch one or two eaters by casting a rod. Nowadays, the only way I seem to catch legal size fish is on a longline by kayak, over 100m from shore.
    Maybe a rec limit of 9 is too many for a single day, but I've never caught that many to start with, so haven't had to start putting them back!
    The reduction of fish stocks available for the recreational enjoyment and dietary benefit of resident kiwis hoping to go out to a wharf, headland, or in a boat for a few hours of family time half a dozen times a year and catch a reasonable dinner for the family is of paramount importance to our kiwi lifestyle and if that means commercial fishing for export needs to take a reduction (or STOP!), then that is the right thing for Parliament to do. So sick of dollars for a few ruling over common sense and lifestyle for the masses!

If any of you care about your own fishing rights, or even care about the rights of other average kiwis, please visit the LegaSea website and sign a submission to Minister Nathan Guy. It takes two minutes and maybe you could buy some clothing or donate a few bucks to these good bastards while you're there.
    All hunters shouldn't kid themselves that this commercial preference bullshit won't come to threaten our wild animals too some day. Stand up and be counted boys
    LegaSea and Scouser like this.