Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: General Fitness Upkeep

I'll be up and running again in a fortnight Rushy.
    As for staying fit - typically running the dogs for 30-40min night and morning, and walking round work.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Hey guys I cannot believe as you get older you do not have a regular medical min every 12 months. Blood pressure you should always have a fix on. I have to see my doctor every 3 months for my ailments and have bloods once a year. Family history of stroke and heart probs, and I intend to stay a while to spend it with my family.

I find walking on soft sand 4 or 5 hrs a week gives the legs a good work out,also get a lot of walking / lifting at work.
    Horleys make some good products that speed recovery times, might help get you through the pain barrier & on track with fitness quicker
    Worth thinking about as the body starts to wear out too.
    Gun control means using both hands

Ejected
    I've been training flatout for the roar, up to 6 bottles of beer a day and a half bottle of whiskey every other day.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Hey guys I cannot believe as you get older you do not have a regular medical min every 12 months. Blood pressure you should always have a fix on. I have to see my doctor every 3 months for my ailments and have bloods once a year. Family history of stroke and heart probs, and I intend to stay a while to spend it with my family.
    Maca I am one of those people that are fortunate enough to enjoy good health (I literally never get sick). I also think doctors know fuck all and their surgeries are full of sick people so I choose not to go there. Although it is probably counter intuitive to good health, I would rather be sublimely ignorant of any medical issues that I have until they manifest themselves by-becoming obvious. I have had a great life, and I am entirely comfortable with the fact that we will all die one day.
    gadgetman likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    I've been training flatout for the roar, up to 6 bottles of beer a day and a half bottle of whiskey every other day.
    That should do it eh,and don't forget to wear that new rabbit skin swandri either,beats camo hands down.

I have been doing 9-10km runs (45-55 minutes) 3-4x a week since the start of February, before that it was 5-7km runs twice a week. Our office participates in the 'Round the Lake' Taupo relay every February and it's great motivation to get fit. I have just carried on with the intensity for the upcoming roar. Can't have my younger brother showing me up!

I also go to the gym 3 times a week for weight training and play squash once a week also.

I have had a hell of a time adjusting to having a desk job over the past couple of years, I definately have to work harder to keep my fitness up. Its easy as to put on weight while sitting on your ass all day.

My joints have definately noticed the increased running though.
    Last edited by Bryan; 11-03-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Dougie likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Ill probly get mocked for this but.... im using my misses ab wave hahaha works up a good sweat after ten minutes or so....Shudup wankers. Also hit the bag for 15-20 mins most days and between 80-120 situps and pushups depending on motivation. I dont have the focus or physique for running find it boring as all hell but smackng something around is theraputic

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Bryan and falconhell like this.

Lots of hunting is the best way to keep hill fit. I try to get out for a good walk in the hills 2-3 times a week. Work keeps me pretty hill fit too, walking about in the trees, clambering over slash and thinnings etc. I've started doing crossfit too which is awesome....and highly recommend it for people who don't like running, or boring routine workouts.

As for food 7 weetbix and a banana every morning washed down with a coffee. Lunch is usually left overs from dinner or a big chicken and salad bun from the local bakery. Evenings, heaps of veges and good quality meat. For snacks usually srcoggin or nuts, or a piece of fruit. And very little junk food. I might have a pie once a month, never have take-out if at all possible, don't drink coke etc unless its with rum, limit myself to a beer a night or none all week and a blow out in the weekend. Cakes, chips and biscuits on rare ocassions.

I think its very important to eat healthily, and eat as much unprocessed food as possible. It's not that hard. Im lucky, I'm one of those people who can eat whatever I want and I used to, but now I eat decent food and feel a sh*t load better and have a heap more energy.
    Dougie likes this.

whats your Fran time? Started crossfit too - killing me but great fitness for limited time frame
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Wow Josh, that's epic! Do you eat many carbs (rice, potatoes, bread)? Are you a thin, lean guy or do you have a bit of muss? Be honest!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

As for my routine (if you can call it that!) I am running every second day. I take the dog for a walk/muck around up to three times every day but I don't think that counts. The 'favorite' run at the moment is just under 3km. Yes, you say this is short, but for me this is good work. I didn't use to be able to even walk up the first hilly bit without wheezing to near death!

I love my baking and deserts. I usually bake low sugar and low butter stuff (oat cookies, banana muffins etc). I do however make up cupcakes occationally and also my version of the Cookietime buscuits. I have plenty of yogurt though (high sugar). I also drink coffee and tea. I am sure there are a lot more things I could be doing to loose the chubbs but I do also enjoy how I have been living, so I'm not changing too much from that!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

I don't exercise at all and eat what ever I feel like.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Maca I am one of those people that are fortunate enough to enjoy good health (I literally never get sick). I also think doctors know fuck all and their surgeries are full of sick people so I choose not to go there. Although it is probably counter intuitive to good health, I would rather be sublimely ignorant of any medical issues that I have until they manifest themselves by-becoming obvious. I have had a great life, and I am entirely comfortable with the fact that we will all die one day.
    Some people worry about their health and others dont, I dont have a choice got caught up with long ago so need regular looking after. Family history grim reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Good thing is youll see two of everything< when the roar starts