Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Getting Banned

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    With due respect if you have that much of a problem with this place @Neckshot, you realize you don't actually have to read or post here?
    With all due respect Dave is a good mate and I believe a poor decision was made on the admin side and I will keep reminding you guys of that if you don't like that ban me!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    username likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Just not any jam
    Toe?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Dave can come back if he wants, just not under "R93"...
    I have seen some bullshit posted on this forum, but if prizes are ever handed out you will be high on the nomination list for this post...if someone has been banned then surely they are banned for all time...for the record I don't believe R93 should have been banned...cop out.
    Neckshot and Happy like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I have seen some bullshit posted on this forum, but if prizes are ever handed out you will be high on the nomination list for this post...if someone has been banned then surely they are banned for all time...for the record I don't believe R93 should have been banned...cop out.
    Yes it does look a bit odd, just banning a user name but to be fair I think it has more to do with the difficulty in stopping someone just signing up under another name than any actual policy. Wildman is also here fronting up and copping the the flak on his own, dont know if thats because he drew the short straw or he's just a bit slow . Iv been pretty clear on my thoughts but Neckshot said it, Dave wouldnt come back any way and its changed a lot here in the last while. At the start it was like the muppets, everyone knew everyone or someone that did and it was mostly humour and piss taking , now its more like sesame street and people are offended by the old hecklers in the balcony. The time I spend here is on the decline because of it, and now there's one less reason to log on.

I think Ill take a few posts and tell a heap of lies about R93 now that he cant reply Its what a real mate would do

Some say he sleeps upside down in trees and that the only reason he uses a blaser is because the thumb that grows out of his forehead gets in the way of a traditional bolt.
    Barefoot and Neckshot like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    With all due respect Dave is a good mate and I believe a poor decision was made on the admin side and I will keep reminding you guys of that if you don't like that ban me!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2
    Good luck with your righteous crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I believe others have done this in the past and have gone on to contribute constructively, others haven't. Why should this case be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Yes it does look a bit odd, just banning a user name but to be fair I think it has more to do with the difficulty in stopping someone just signing up under another name than any actual policy. Wildman is also here fronting up and copping the the flak on his own, dont know if thats because he drew the short straw or he's just a bit slow . Iv been pretty clear on my thoughts but Neckshot said it, Dave wouldnt come back any way and its changed a lot here in the last while. At the start it was like the muppets, everyone knew everyone or someone that did and it was mostly humour and piss taking , now its more like sesame street and people are offended by the old hecklers in the balcony. The time I spend here is on the decline because of it, and now there's one less reason to log on.

I think Ill take a few posts and tell a heap of lies about R93 now that he cant reply Its what a real mate would do

Some say he sleeps upside down in trees and that the only reason he uses a blaser is because the thumb that grows out of his forehead gets in the way of a traditional bolt.
    You're right I'm just slow

Rule 1: Don't be a fucking dick
    Rule 2: Don't take shit so seriously

Jesus y'all need to get out more
    JoshC, GravelBen, username and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Rule 3 make rules up as you go.oh and band someone then say they can come back
    veitnamcam and Towely like this.

r93 has gone. Who gives a fuck. Move on.
    JoshC and GravelBen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post

Some believe that is the reason he cant be killed by conventional weapons .

Ken
    sneeze likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    r93 has gone. Who gives a fuck. Move on.
    Well it would seem a lot of members think he has been treated unfairly and the forum will be worse for it.
    The OP of the thread should of at the very least got the same treatment.
    Neckshot and camo wsm like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

The admin and moderation team base their decisions on things that happen on the forum. They aren't all buddy buddy with every member outside of the forum, and the fact that someone is a top bloke when they're away from the keyboard really means shit all. You make decisions based on the information that you have, and people will inevitably complain either way.

I don't think those of you who are complaining realise how shit moderating a forum actually is. You get the fuzzies knowing you're contributing to a community, and occasionally people thank you, but most of the time you just get abused (by PM or on the board itself). There have been remarkably few incidents on here since the forum started, and frankly I doubt any of you could do better.
    Dougie and GravelBen like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    A little run down on the basics of how things work in thye background

Forum users 'Report Post' when they dont like something and when submitting it there is a box to add a reason etc.
    These automatically appear in the admin forum as a new thread and discussion etc can be had.
    Its not the Mods that cruise around looking for shit to do, its the MEMBERS that flag it up.

The same names come up over and over and over again in the reports... its a complete pain in the arse to be dealing with the same shit from the same people time and time again.
    You get to a point where you're completely sick and tired of it and a single button click fixes the problem.
    Its not a single instance.. its shit that stacks up over time.

Throughout the history of this forum, there has only been a handful banned... coincidentally they are basically all mates.. what does that say about the group mentality...?

There is a couple more on this thread that are popping up all the time at the moment also... just let it go.
    If he doesnt want to come back.. thats his choice, but this is all 2nd hand info as he hasnt made any contact with any admin
    Kiwi Greg and GravelBen like this.

So warning go out to modify behaviour long before banning, on an ongoing basis? And are the people reporting monitored as well to ensure they are not arseholes as well? If so I can live with that. I've been on a few boards and committees where some people have very narrow minds and take offence very easily, they can be as bad as the " offender". Don't get yours tits in a tangle it's a free world and there's lots of mixes on here. You guys a running a good forum IMHO. Shit happens from time to time!
    Barefoot, mucko, GravelBen and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Well I believe this is all a great big Government coverup and conspiracy .
    I have taken precautions and advise others to do the same .

Ken
    Maca49 likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Hope those are fingers in your ears!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough