Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: After 22 Lr subsonics

NB, if using Eley subs in a semi.
    Note they do 2 different loads, 1 for semi's with a 42gr bullet at 1070 and for bolt actions a quieter 38gr at 1020fps that may not cycle.
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-contact/
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-force/
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-subsonic-hollow/

Shooting stuff normally have this available but I could not find it went I went looking earlier this evening.
    Tsnz done have it listed still.
    Z
    flock likes this.

In my 10/22 I run CCI - I use std velocity for plinking, 40g Sub HP for pest control - prefer the 45g suppressor but cant get any so brought a brick of each when CCI came in a little while ago.
    10/22 cycles fine with CCI subs - have to clean the mag periodically as the wax can build up in the mag causing feed issues and jams.

I use to run Winchester but found it wasnt as consistent, have some aguila subs as well just to give them a go at some point.

Tried CCI std in my father inlaws BRNO (CZ) semi wouldn't cycle

i used nothing but winchester "expediter" or "laser" for years. then went purely to CCI as although they didnt hit or kill better they just were more consistent.

I can give you a couple of packets of PMX subs to try if you like, @flock. They work really well in my 795, not sure where you'd get more though.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I can give you a couple of packets of PMX subs to try if you like, @flock. They work really well in my 795, not sure where you'd get more though.
    PMX or PMC? I found PMC subsonics to be a little tough. May have as well used straight out round nosed

Happy to swop a couple boxs of Eley once I get the dam things, if covid doesn't get in the way. Did all the police paper work yesterday, lots of info required but not too bad a process.
    Police preferred they are delivered to a Firearms dealer. Which begs the ? from that dealer as to why you didn't buy the ammo off them- (Cheaper). Oh well can see the sense in it, couriers not allow to leave them, so take them back to the depo & its quiet common for the ammo to be sent back (Yay)
    Had a scope, experience once, that scope saw more of NZ than I have, the good part was I needed it - Now.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    PMX or PMC? I found PMC subsonics to be a little tough. May have as well used straight out round nosed
    PMX.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Happy to swop a couple boxs of Eley once I get the dam things, if covid doesn't get in the way. Did all the police paper work yesterday, lots of info required but not too bad a process.
    Police preferred they are delivered to a Firearms dealer. Which begs the ? from that dealer as to why you didn't buy the ammo off them- (Cheaper). Oh well can see the sense in it, couriers not allow to leave them, so take them back to the depo & its quiet common for the ammo to be sent back (Yay)
    Had a scope, experience once, that scope saw more of NZ than I have, the good part was I needed it - Now.
    They were cheap, you can have them. I bought 3/5 of a case/slab when I first got my license.
    veitnamcam and csmiffy like this.

That would be Great PM you

Thanks Mate, dam there are some awesome guys on this forum, those cycled perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Just run out of the Kilwell whisper, dam as they shot really well & was cheap.

What are people using now?

Have heard that the Kilwells were Winchester rebranded. Also heard that the Australian Winchester ammo was way better than the Yanky stuff, Aussie stuff has now finished.

Just tried to get a brick of Eley subs from Reloaders Supplies, added to another order, but was reminded a police form is required, bugger its getting too hard, so will have to buy local in Ch Ch.
    @flock If you really like whisper, I have some here and I am in Chch. I dont usually do much with ammo as shipping is such a huge pain (near impossible) but being local, I am sure we could work it out.

It is Kilwell Whisper, Blue and white box, priced at $91 per brick and I have just three bricks left.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

They were cheap, you can have them. I bought 3/5 of a case/slab when I first got my license.
    PMX was rebranded Highland I think. I know the PMX 22WMR was.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    PMX was rebranded Highland I think. I know the PMX 22WMR was.
    Was really consistent. Used it in my early days with mudgripz. Anything that looked like a rabbit within 110m was toast with over 95% first hit.
    timattalon and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    @flock If you really like whisper, I have some here and I am in Chch. I dont usually do much with ammo as shipping is such a huge pain (near impossible) but being local, I am sure we could work it out.

It is Kilwell Whisper, Blue and white box, priced at $91 per brick and I have just three bricks left.
    Be quite happy to swop for a brick of Eley with $20 your way?

Quote Originally Posted by ZQLewis View Post
    NB, if using Eley subs in a semi.
    Note they do 2 different loads, 1 for semi's with a 42gr bullet at 1070 and for bolt actions a quieter 38gr at 1020fps that may not cycle.
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-contact/
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-force/
    https://eley.co.uk/eley-subsonic-hollow/

Shooting stuff normally have this available but I could not find it went I went looking earlier this evening.
    Tsnz done have it listed still.
    Z
    Contact and force are round nosed ie no hollow point.