Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Anyone still frequent the "other" site?

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I've shyed away a bit same reason as Pop Shot, although I do also feel like I'm blabbering a bit and being annoying when I don't get replies and just views!
    Dont worry.. someone will tell you if you're annoying .. till then.....

You will always get a bit of political banter considering the membership base of fishnhunt

yeah all the time , much better than this site , nicer mods too .By the way what is the other site?

I look at both...happy to just have somewhere to spend a bit of time reading away about things that interest me. I participate alot less than I used to, mainly for the same reasons as you Popshot, but am always keen to help beginners out or share a laugh or two. Made some really good mates on the other forum, and know a few here too which is neat. That probably makes NZ run forums more unique, the 2 degrees of seperation thing, we all seem to know someone that knows someone etc.
    redbang, Mike H and falconhell like this.

If the other forum was judged by its best, and not by its worst, the contributions made by some individuals and the forum in the whole is simply outstanding. Maybe this forum will mature into something even better? Who knows...its up to the the individuals and the crowd. But it won't be achieved by looking over your shoulder all of the time and thinking by bagging F&H, this place will simply get better.

I think that F&H has settled down a lot. Maybe because of a change in the mod(s)...or maybe because all of the miscreants have come over here

Anyway. Onwards and upwards, and each to their own.
    Grim, Mike H and falconhell like this.

a forum is a bit like a bar, you find one you like, its cool, you can hang arround and chat with some mates, its all good.
    after a while a few numptys turn up but you dont pay too much attention. then there is a few more. then it seems your overwhelmed with idiots.
    well, move on and find another bar/forum or ignore it.
    it is a shame when you feel uncomfortable posting because you fear you will get into an argument with a complete idiot, so you dont post at all.
    i read alot but post only a little, i supose i dont see my opinion as being worth being expressed. i usualy only post where i feel my contribution is valid/worthwhile.
    so my appologies to the posts where they just get another "read"
    greg

You hit it on the head Tussock, I recall you a few other members from here and I did not get on so well on F&H but hey we get on fine over here and that is because what happened there has stayed there and not been carried on over here which is why I respect the members and the mods on this site because they know how to leave the past behind them. One thing I have learned and that is if someone says or does something that gets your hackles up don't let it get to you just ignore it as much as possible and work out a calm way to react and not lash out like a rabid dog and if you really have to just stay away from the computer for a day or two.
    Mike H likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Half and half,

I'd quite like to see a bit created on this site dedicated for enviromental purposes, like where 1080 drops are going to be happening, whats happening to public acess/huts.. .that kind of thing.. but not to the point of being political.

but a section dedicated purely to the enviroment and whats happening... anyone get my drift?

I made the fatal mistake of joining fishnc@#t but did it more for laughs, my user is :Mr AR15.... I thought that would piss them right off!

I use the other site to see who's posting on both and make decisions based on my findings for any free stuff we have to give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

I think the main problem with the Fish/hunt was that really it was the only game in town and run as a dictatorship( and not a benign one either ! ). Their tone is more moderate now being as people have a choice where to air opinions and as a consequence is less confrontational, and this forum is working well because we've seen what can happen elsewhere.
    Just my 2c worth

No dictators here

This post was turned evil by a dictator
    Last edited by Grim; 04-08-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Spanners likes this.

Plenty of dictators here, they just have a sense of humor.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by redbang View Post
    I think the main problem with the Fish/hunt was that really it was the only game in town and run as a dictatorship( and not a benign one either ! ). Their tone is more moderate now being as people have a choice where to air opinions and as a consequence is less confrontational, and this forum is working well because we've seen what can happen elsewhere.
    Just my 2c worth

No dictators here

This post was turned evil by a dictator
    WTF !!!!!!!!! shit, wrong again. . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    And those of us with buttons are here to enjoy the place, not police it.
    Agreed why try to ping people for anything and everything they can even when it is something so minute and trivial it only lowers the moral of the place, hell you even get pinged for linking TM listings in posts over there now days what next?.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    Its me. I generally spend more time on the other one, simply because they seem to be more hunting orientated rather than techincal, but this one was started by LR shooters, so that is to be expected. But this place is coming along by the look of it, I will come by more often. I dont post nearly as much as I used to on NZ sites. I spend a lot of time on overseas hunting sites nowadays. But everything goes in cycles.