Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: B Cat Holder Wanted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    You and your multiple personalities Mikee, Mikee, Mikee, Mikee and Mikee. Which one are you today?
    Today I am Mikee and might be Mikee tomorrow, or maybe not............................................., I'll check with my wife
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    We prob put more rounds down range yesterday arvo than any copper would shoot in a year.
    The 'I'm in the police so therefore I'm an expert with a glock' is really chest puffing bullshit.
    If it was the police that taught you your grip I'd ignore EVERYTHING they say LOL
    Might have been close for a webley in 1916 but its miles off

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Kind of do want some specific police training advice

I sit next to the AO at work, he agreed with me today that perhaps if I was a bloke and wore trousers and rocked up to a range and said "hey I want some help", I might get two genuine guys that could help me. But in my current position...I might get two genuine guys that could help, also mixed in with six weirdo guys that are, well, weird.

Care to chaperone me?
    I might have this wrong but what you are saying is that 6 out of 8 men are creepy weird bastards? WTF

R93
    You dont have to fire thousands of rounds or be an expert to provide sound instruction on weapons handling.
    I may be assuming a bit much here, but Dougie being Army trained, is used to a standard and method of instruction that police and military trainers are trained to provide.
    IMO, it is a superior method and format and better than I have ever seen from any civilian instructors that have neither military or police experience.
    It is a skill sought out by many employers, especially here in Oz. I am in my current job because of my military experience as a trainer.

If I wanted the ultimate training and handling of a pistol, it would be from a black role special forces instructor. Those boys usually fire 3000 + 9mm rounds a day
    Last edited by R93; 16-11-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Todd Jarrett, And he is using a .45!!!!!!

Part of a training video done specifically for the military and law enforcement so not really aimed at Competitive shooters but good info on grip and sighting
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Kind of do want some specific police training advice

I sit next to the AO at work, he agreed with me today that perhaps if I was a bloke and wore trousers and rocked up to a range and said "hey I want some help", I might get two genuine guys that could help me. But in my current position...I might get two genuine guys that could help, also mixed in with six weirdo guys that are, well, weird.

Care to chaperone me?
    The police use a club that I'm a member of to practice and do secret police stuff at about 4 times a year .
    Normal club members aren't allowed to watch what they do because of security and police procedures .
    I have been there a few times to open up the place and to organise a few things in the clubhouse for them .
    Before " leaving them to it " I have witnessed them starting their days shooting , and letting of rounds at targets .
    I'm not trying to cause trouble or be derogatory to the police here , but they sure wouldn't win any prizes or even get a mention at one of our club shoots .
    If you are after some specific police data of procedural techniques then I can understand your request . If you are wanting to learn to shoot better then go to a normal gun club . Contact the clubs president or secretary before going and ask them who they would recommend to give you some coaching .
    If the police have done their job right , there won't be six weirdo's at the club , because they wouldn't have passed the police checks and club requirements to get their pistol licence ( well not here in Australia , I assume and hope its the same there ) .
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Shut up and Shoot
    Dougie you should go to the Heretaunga pistol club on a Saturday after 1pm and just ask for either Bernie, Mark S or Herbie. We can show you how to shoot so that you will be safe and accurate. The skills you learn are directly transferable to anything the police do. If you need specific private training this may be possible just send me a PM and we can discuss. I have spent a bit of time with a couple of instructors at the Police college and what they teach about basic pistol shooting is very similar to what you would lean at a pistol club.
    Dougie and Toby like this.

"If you are after some specific police data of procedural techniques then I can understand your request "

That is exactly my request. Thank you for the PMs, I will be getting in touch
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Shut up and Shoot
    Just looking at some past comments, it looks like tactical training is being confused with firearms training. The two are separate and you need to master your firearm before you can look at how you can deploy it. I have the pleasure of shooting against soldiers every year and while the NZACST are excellent with a rifle many of them don't seem so confident with pistol or shotgun.

R93
    FFS!
    Savage1 and Dougie like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

If you want to shoot a Police issue glock, I'd get onto a grip/ finger strength trainer ASAP
    I know of a couple of females that struggle to squeeze the trigger let alone try to get any accuracy after the fact.

NY or similar trigger kits from what I remember 14 or 17lb pull
    Nibblet likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    If you want to shoot a Police issue glock, I'd get onto a grip/ finger strength trainer ASAP
    I know of a couple of females that struggle to squeeze the trigger let alone try to get any accuracy after the fact.

NY or similar trigger kits from what I remember 14 or 17lb pull
    And isn't this way so many cops are average at best shots? 2lb trigger on a club members pistol vs 14lb trigger on a standard police issue trigger makes for some totally different accuracy.
    Savage1 likes this.

Yip definitely a contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    If it was the police that taught you your grip I'd ignore EVERYTHING they say LOL
    lolol

Banned
    Put some shoe polish on ya mask put some black onseys on and beleive that your a bad mofo and your away,weather you can handle and shoot a pistol is errelivant these days isnt it you just have to read a book and look the part.