Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: B Cat Holder Wanted!!

Mig welding. Compared to 99% of the other kids mine didnt look like birdshit. That welding is easy though (now) but the idea is still the same nothing beats doing it
    VIVA LA HOWA

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    It means you didn't get a copy of the book
    I admit to being a dumb grunt and slightly in awe of your current training methodoligy.

If I gave you all the written doctrine there is on say, a section sized attack on a fixed position. You should be able to train 10 of your chosen men how to accomplish this better than I could, going by your logic?
    My experience in this regard counts for nothing?
    Last edited by R93; 16-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    but the idea is still the same nothing beats doing it
    I 100% agree Toby, I love doing "it"! See I am one of those weird buggers!
    Toby likes this.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I admit to being a dumb grunt and slightly in awe of your current training methodoligy.

If I gave you all the written doctrine there is on say, a section sized attack on a fixed position. You should be able to train 10 of your chosen men how to accomplish this better than I could, going by your logic?
    My experience in this regard counts for nothing?
    Add in the complexity of a mortar crew to provide cover and make it a nocturnal assault and I will join your section if you are short a man
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Did you read anything I wrote? Where did I say experience counts for nothing? Suggesting experience alone is ever remotely productive is stupid. Suggesting just reading alone is remotely productive, also stupid.

However, if you gave me all the written doctrine available, that would only be a starting point.

If I think "section sized attack on a fixed position" I think Charles Upham. Who was a surveyor, and is sited as having an utterly superb eye for terrain when attacking a fixed position.

He had knowledge outside of the realm of military doctrine, and outside the realm of his own experience.

Put it this way. If your rely solely on your formal training, plus the things you bump into (experience), you will never compete with someone who has the same experience as you, same training as you, but also has read widely, and therefore has the benefit of thousands of other peoples experience.

Thats all most books are. A distillation of someone's experience. Its like cheating. That person who worked and studied for 40 put down the best of his experience, on paper, for the express purpose of giving me a head start.
    Yes, I have read what you have written. You and others have in my opinion, have discredited formal training that is available to members of police and the like.
    Again my opinion, but I believe you are overlooking the reasons they are trained the way they are, by applying what is to you, a better and more logical approach. Yet, strangely you have no experience what so ever, being trained in and for their environment.

The police may not have the best pistol shots in NZ but I would expect they are trained to a standard that their current post/position requires.
    They are also trained in such a way that it may not show fruit in a pistol club competition, but it will give them the best chance of carring out their job of downing a crim if they ever need to.
    Last edited by R93; 16-11-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    ebf likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Add in the complexity of a mortar crew to provide cover and make it a nocturnal assault and I will join your section if you are short a man
    I am not short and only know the daylight "Up the guts assault" sorry, Rushy. You can go lead scout and I will call in DFSW and indirect, danger close

Okay so if you guys are finished........

I am the one that started this thread. Simply put, I prefer someone who has been through the Police testing to give me a hand. Because they have done the test and know what it involves.

If the top shooter in NZ taught me, well cool stuff. I might still fail a police test because my technique might not be jumping through the hoops they require me to. Does that not make any sense?
    Savage1, R93 and oneipete like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Okay so if you guys are finished........

I am the one that started this thread. Simply put, I prefer someone who has been through the Police testing to give me a hand. Because they have done the test and know what it involves.

If the top shooter in NZ taught me, well cool stuff. I might still fail a police test because my technique might not be jumping through the hoops they require me to. Does that not make any sense?

+1 End of thread
    Kscott and Dougie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    +1 End of thread
    Thank fuck for that. Page one actually had it sorted.

Cheers mate.
    oneipete likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Just bet me to it dougie.

The trend here is, if you want to shoot well get trained by someone who can shoot AND train well.

Once you can shoot well a read of requirements for your test(or someone who has done it schooling you on what's involved) should allow you to practice any different points not covered by the sports shooter.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    They might be, but they will have undertaken the tests that I want to ace..
    Sorry it was in SECOND post, still before you started to rant.
    Savage1 and ebf like this.

Name:  43052214.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  94.4 KB
    Dougie, ebf, Happy and 1 others like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Happy and oneipete like this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Banned
    I prefer pub logic............arguments start followed by some frantic windmilling cunts tip over and someone wins, weather you were wright or wrong or just plain fucken arrogant the missus always has the last word............weather your right or wrong you should learn to just fuck up sometimes.
    kiwi39, Happy and oneipete like this.

Look! I had the last word.

Word.
    Kscott, R93, Happy and 1 others like this.