Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Foggy glasses or piss poor eyes

I wear contact lenses and had a bit of trouble at the start but optometrist said start off slow at couple of hours a day and gradually increase the time you wear them over a couple of weeks.Now wear dailies all the time and have no trouble unless you have bug spray on your fingers or have cut up a chilli recently….

Thought I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one. No real answers for me here or on others but hopefully more feedback.
    Have had the need for +1.25 readers for a few years now, with excellent long range vision but noticed that I was struggling to define paper targets yesterday and the double reticle was causing me a bit of grief. I can normally discount the imaginary one and when hunting, doesn’t bother me at all. The concern now is that I’ve taken up reloading and this will involve a great deal more range time.
    Obviously there has been some degradation in my right eye and will be heading to an optometrist next time I’m in the big smoke.
    One question I have though, can these mild issues be resolved with better optics?? I’ve notoriously never spent more than $400-450 on scopes so I may have to get the gorse out of my pockets and upgrade. Any examples where this has resolved the issue for anyone?
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”