Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Little help needed

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Other than a sports shop not really. try reloaders supplies they are fairly popular?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    K sweet. I think your dead on with what you said about the build up in the chamber. The shell doesnt wanna go in all the way without force so must be full of crap in there.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Sports world Matamata will have what you need mate
    possummatti likes this.

Hi guys, good morning!
    It is just my $.50. I am not an expert but i love shooting, hunting and reload my rounds and i do heaps of research in everything i want to do before hand. I personally never heard about this issue but as Barefoot mention i think someone here has had. Regards it get hard to open and then close after few rounds sounds a bit "funny" to me, it "may be" a sloppy chamber that let/cause the excess build up of residues there. Shooting factory ammo should not "cause" it if the round fits the chamber properly and even if your barrel build copper fouling it should not inflict in the round chambering but in the grouping down range. Sure a good cleaning will show if it is enough for good or temporary, if still get "staked" than contact a friendly gunsmith or a friend with some experience for a go with your rifle and a second opinion.
    I hope it help in some way and don't "buy" everything just because this problem but because rifle cleaning is a must do, keeping your rifle clean will prolong it life and keep it accurate.
    All the best to you all and be safe pout there.

It can happen on rifles that have only ever had a oiled patch threw them, builds up and up.

Obviously clean/check bolt and chamber locking lug area for any shit and lightly lube also.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 20-10-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: To add
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

This rifle has definitely seen its fair share of trips to the bush and is probably due for a really good cleaning but I can't say I ever had any issues with it on high-volume missions while goat shooting but check out savageshooters.com

They have a few forums dedicated specifically to the 110-series rifles and if this is something that has come up before then you're going to find some really good additional material on there.

Hmmm f*** it.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    Hmmm f*** it.
    ?

?

Moooore money vc

I think you will find this is a relatively well known problem with110's. I had it in my 110 in 338LM, had the chamber polished, problem went away. It stems from the poor machining finish which doesn't tolerate any build up/fouling whatsoever.

Take it to your local gunsmith for a look, or have a close look yourself with a decent light on it, if you can see circular machining marks it's most likely the problem. Chamber polish shouldn't cost that much, I think mine was $60 or thereabouts

Quote Originally Posted by redbang View Post
    I think you will find this is a relatively well known problem with110's. I had it in my 110 in 338LM, had the chamber polished, problem went away. It stems from the poor machining finish which doesn't tolerate any build up/fouling whatsoever.

Take it to your local gunsmith for a look, or have a close look yourself with a decent light on it, if you can see circular machining marks it's most likely the problem. Chamber polish shouldn't cost that much, I think mine was $60 or thereabouts
    Hey redbang. Think i might just suck it up and take it to a gun smith. Had a look but couldn't see too much. At the start of the chamber there is about 6mm of thread which i assume is what the barrel screws into. Should this have nothing screwed into it? Sorry for the ammature explanation

here's a high tech diagram for you guys. And before you ask , no i did not get a professional to do it for me
    Pengy and Toby like this.

Gunsmith mate, he'll tell you !

Looks like a rifle to me.

Looks like a rifle to me.
    Shit is that what it is. Had me stuck on that one since i bought it.

Threads not an issue unless you can undo the barrel by hand, If it is I have a safe full of things that need to go to a gunsmith
    possummatti likes this.