Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Little help needed

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    Isn't it multi purpose? Barefoot told me that any caliber or load would slip right in.
    17HMR might rattle down the barrel a bit and 50 cal might not fit in the chamber but other than that anything between .22 and 338 Lapua should be the go. Ha ha ha ha
    steven and possummatti like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Perhaps it's time to do a chamber cast and see just what's going on.
    Any chance of getting comments from previous owner?.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Any chance of getting comments from previous owner?.
    I was the previous owner. I bought it sight unseen off another forum member and I never saw it before on selling it onto @possummatti.
    It was originally meant to be the basis of the next forum rifle build. As that never got off the ground it was decided to sell it one to someone cheaply so that it would get used.
    Now clearly no good deed goes unpunished

The previous owner to me has commented on this thread and said he never had a problem.

I have discussed the problem with possummatti and Happy and the result is he is getting a refund and Rushy is hoping to pick up the rifle on the Rushy/Gibo/Pengy road trip (thanks).
    I will then either strip it for parts or throw it in the bin unless someone feels like a project.
    veitnamcam, Toby, Scouser and 2 others like this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I was the previous owner. I bought it sight unseen off another forum member and I never saw it before on selling it onto @possummatti.
    It was originally meant to be the basis of the next forum rifle build. As that never got off the ground it was decided to sell it one to someone cheaply so that it would get used.
    Now clearly no good deed goes unpunished

The previous owner to me has commented on this thread and said he never had a problem.

I have discussed the problem with possummatti and Happy and the result is he is getting a refund and Rushy is hoping to pick up the rifle on the Rushy/Gibo/Pengy road trip (thanks).
    I will then either strip it for parts or throw it in the bin unless someone feels like a project.
    Not your fault at all and the only reflection should be you did the right thing. Thanks Barefoot. The scope is not too bad so keep that !
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Good bugger BF

It must be an easy job for a gunsmith to take the barrel off and run a reamer into the chamber .
    I realise that this is a budget exercise , but it seems a shame to just give up on it .
    Anyone got a bore scope that could be put up the barrel to see if its shot out and in particular the throat and chamber to see if there is still an obstruction of fouling .
    Cleaning a barrel is a topic that seems to get the juices flowing and the debates raging , but I recently witnessed a friend clean a newly purchased second hand 22.250 .
    He did all his usual cleaning techniques and declared it clean . It didn't shoot great , but it was OK .
    He got talked into buying some cleaner from the gun shop that is a foam that you spay down the bore , it expands , you leave it for a set time and clean it out . He was amazed what came out of that " clean barrel "
    I didn't witness that actual cleaning , but I did see the improved results when he shot it next with the same ammo and everything .
    It was quite an impressive demonstration of " how clean is your barrel " .
    Hope you find an answer to the problem .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Good bugger BF
    +1 good onya BF....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

The foam stuff is good (and easy) to use. I swapped to it after see it on one of Norway's videos.

Im impressed with how you guys have sorted this out big ups for barefoot sorted like real gentlemen
    stumpy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Im impressed with how you guys have sorted this out big ups for barefoot sorted like real gentlemen
    He's a bloody gc Marty. Wasn't anyone's fault just one of those things and now everyone's happy again. I think
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Just a thought, do the older savage 110 actions run the same barrel nut setup? If so surely somone has a second hand savage tube that could go on the thing, a gunsmith or clever fella can swap out a savage barrel in about 20-30mins from what I understand.

The resale on the rifle is only $400ish so swapping a spare barrel on (unless it was free) isn't a cost efficient exercise. For instance I bought an unfired savage recently for $550, so it's just not worth spending money on this one.

Very true. They are a pretty good action, just thought somone might have an old '08 chambered barrel lying round from a build or something they will part ways with for cheap/free.

SO where is this $550 unfired savage supply? haha I want to build a bush rig......

Keep your eye on trademe. Sportways has been selling off their old display rifles and demo ones over the last few months
    Nick-D likes this.