Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Long range shooting course

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    I tell you walking down the hill I was stuffed -never used the stopping down hill muscles in my legs and I couldnt walk properly for days -fitter guys than me felt it to .Its a pretty spot especially with the afternoon sun on the hills , I look forward to the event next year - you going ?
    Nup spent some time on the station a few years back but just for pleasure....I walked from there to the high point then back to the scree slope on the top right corner of your fist pic....from the top it looked to go all the way down for an easy out....but no at least I had a ride at the bottom and didn't have to walk back to the house....
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Crazyman , you should really get over the "so called bad history " What has he done to you or any others that is so bad that you feel so agrieved to hang shit on him when possible ?????
    Its only 'so called' because you werent involved in it when it was going on.
    There are more people on this forum who raised a middle finger to it than actually shot it even when the price was dropped to under 10% of original ie $20
    You dont believe me and obviously anyone else who says the same
    Noone that has put a LR event on has required ~$200 for you to come and shoot, justifying it with 'my flights and accommodation need paying'
    We were all participating in something for free long before he even brought a rifle.

The guy has done a great things for competitive longrange shooters in NZ
    Its only you that seems to see it that way - all hes done is pad is pockets - not as much as he wanted to though.

I believe that maybe people here taught him how to shoot?

Name:  beatingadeadhorse.gif
Views: 244
Size:  18.7 KB

You guys have such a problem with someone making money for the effort they put into something
    200 dollars for the event I went to was money well spent -ask any member on here that has attended the Tekapo event and see what they say especially once you saw how much went into the organization of this event .

What did Crazy man do that for Shane that he thinks he owes him his left testy for ever and ever amen -nothing I bet !! . Cut the small minded miserable whining about something that didn't actually happen and support the best long range comp in the country .

I think this is just a perfect case of tall poppy syndrome , nothing more than that !! Its not as though you my friend Spanner earn so little you cant afford to pay for a pass to a comp like this ! Now , what about if people hung shit on you for making a small profit for your efforts importing projos and bits ? Stuff that !you deserve to be compensated for your effort as does Shane .
    And as far as some here taught him how to shoot -so what , does he owe them something for that ??? I help guys all the time for free
    The only dead horse being beat here is one of bad attitude from certain forum member toward a really top bloke
    Savage1 likes this.

Condensed - along the lines of this

"this event that I've been so good to organise and you're all keen for, its going to cost you $200 now"
    what for?
    "targets, my time, my accommodation, my flights, profit, $20ea for lunch, $40ea for prizes, $5 a rd for the ammo on the stage you shoot my gun, and $200 for the bottle of scotch I'll drink afterwards - oh and BTW you cant shoot most of your guns in calibres that are needed to get to the distances shot"
    *crickets*
    "fuck you all - its cancelled and I'm outahere- off for a cry"

Its not got anything to do with being able to afford it or not - I was ready to go, the flights alone were over $600 for me, and then a rental or hitching a ride
    It wasnt a small profit, it was a big one.
    Plain and simple... and if thats not how it went, then explain why everyone then decided to raise the middle digit to it and not go?
    IIRC there was another shoot organised after that and held the same w/e for free with more attendees.

''WE'' you and a few other misery's bearers!Discourage participants -don't think so !!!! Last event full and with 10 foreign guest participating -Amazing event that functioned very well due to a massive bit of organizing .This is an event that will grow and offers good value to a participant as an event -- Tussock it is best you don't come as your mind set would fit anyway ,this event is about positive and people that get up and go -you know people that actually do it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Condensed - along the lines of this

"this event that I've been so good to organise and you're all keen for, its going to cost you $200 now"
    what for?
    "targets, my time, my accommodation, my flights, profit, $20ea for lunch, $40ea for prizes, $5 a rd for the ammo on the stage you shoot my gun, and $200 for the bottle of scotch I'll drink afterwards - oh and BTW you cant shoot most of your guns in calibres that are needed to get to the distances shot"
    *crickets*
    "fuck you all - its cancelled and I'm outahere- off for a cry"

Its not got anything to do with being able to afford it or not - I was ready to go, the flights alone were over $600 for me, and then a rental or hitching a ride
    It wasnt a small profit, it was a big one.
    Plain and simple... and if that's not how it went, then explain why everyone then decided to raise the middle digit to it and not go?
    IIRC there was another shoot organized after that and held the same w/e for free with more attendees.
    Spanners , I dont know if this was Shane's first attempt at doing a comp he may have been trying to find his feet and what was a reasonable market rate for his input which given there may be little to compare to - He obviously thought it not worth the effort if some guys weren't keen to cover his costs that he considered reasonable -well after several successful contest he has found his footing and a place in the shooting market for his events yet a few people want to keep there foot on his throat and make snide comments for what sensible reason if not just small mindedness ??

You insist on continually jacking him off all the time here, where its plainly obvious that noone here is interested, nor were after the 1st episode.
    He thought it was not worth the effort as NOONE was interested in paying for his gear.

Was a nice looking sandwich but smelled like shit - and unfortunately you only remember the taste

Instead of bickering, can't Gunslingers be relegated to a section for paid advertisement?

It is after all a business taking money for a service and should perhaps be delineated as such to separete it from forum events?
    Forum members interested in being customers of that business can go to that section, and forum members interested in participated in forum events can use the forum to find the events.

Just thinking out loud, I find the bickering unattractive, and if the number of participant in this thread is an indicator others do too...
    DAF, Spanners, Normie and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Instead of bickering, can't Gunslingers be relegated to a section for paid advertisement?

It is after all a business taking money for a service and should perhaps be delineated as such to separete it from forum events?
    Forum members interested in being customers of that business can go to that section, and forum members interested in participated in forum events can use the forum to find the events.

Just thinking out loud, I find the bickering unattractive, and if the number of participant in this thread is an indicator others do too...
    Well put!
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

[QUOTE=Spanners;30429]You insist on continually jacking him off all the time here, where its plainly obvious that noone here is interested, nor were after the 1st episode.
    He thought it was not worth the effort as NOONE was interested in paying for his gear.

Was a nice looking sandwich but smelled like shit - and unfortunately you only remember the taste[/QUOTE]

There are several members here that shoot the Gunslinger Comps including sponsors on the site.Jacking Shane off-lol nah just supporting something that grows our sport in a positive way-Shane is giving us a platform to play togeather

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post

Norway , I have no financial interest in Gunslinger events -I am a participant like some others on this forum at these excellent events - it pisses me seeing snide comments about a good guy and a great competition platform because someone got upset by the original costs the organizer wanted -a guys has to find his feet right ! I imagine you would defend some one you know that shouldn't be being slagged off also -type of guy I am !

... good guy and a great competition platform...
    You seem to be the only one who sees it this way.

BTW, the 'sponsors' here pay for advertising, and thus are 'paying advertisers'

No Spanners I am not , both the man and his comps are very well respected by members here that compete in them you just dont know them .
    Of course advertisers should pay but that's not in dispute is it as no one is formally trying to sell tickets just tell of their great experiences from a shooting perspective for our type of shooting which is entertained at this event .
    Lets face it it is not about that anyway it is just you guys cant get over something you all should have put behind you years ago - nothing more or less !

But you should consider the financial aspect of this. You have seen some of my blogs and might have noted that the view numbers are not very high. To use myself as an example and quote some numbers:

-The shooting mat. "Everyone" uses it now, even at indoor ranges.
    -The cheekrest. Went from 20 sold total to 400/ year.
    -The bipodpin. Increasing sales, manufacturer backordered.
    -The boltknob. Suddenly sells, been on the market for years and years.
    -Duracoat. Sales up xxx percent.
    -PMII scopes. Used to be a special import, now keep a selection on the shelf and finding it difficult to stock enough scopes
    -The rear bag. 1/2 crate sold so far this year (the truck kind crate)

That adds up to a LOT of money for the sellers. I see none of that money even though I help build the market and to be honest have a rather large expense doing it (edit: I kill one or two cameras each year with the abuse). New of this year is people contacting me wanting me to use their gear. A few of these offers are interesting and I'm likely to shake hands , most I can't be bothered with - I use what gear I bought & believe in and everyone that's helped me so far is small businesses (of the one-man-in-a-garage type, A-tec excepted).

Is it worth it? Yes, LR shooting is almost a lifestyle choice for me. I get to met a lot of like-minded people, talk to manufacturers and my own skillset is ever expanding.
    Could I make money off it? Of course, but why be a prostitute for peanuts? It wouldn't affect my lifestyle, have an economic impact of significance or open up new choices. I make my money elsewhere, not on forums.
    Do I get free gear? Yes, probably could get a lot of trinkets out of it but whyyyyyyy?

But I'm not naive with regards to money, if you want to buy a service off me I present a four figure bill at the end of the day - I don't hide my profit or pass it off as anything but a sale of services. There is A LOT of money being made off LR these days and a business shouldn't be passed off as an idealist organisation.
    Last edited by Norway; 01-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.

The bipod pin is a good idea. I posted about how good 'tactical' bolt knobs are in like mid 2008 and everyone made fun of me. guess I'm not influential.

Also I maintain that you copied me with the redtacgear rear bag