Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Which model of the 10 /22 ?

Trick question, GET A MARLIN!
    gadgetman and Wollywog like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i have 2, a stainless with a hogue stock and an older blued one with a drag stock. both shoot very good with cci ammo but they dont like powerpoint or the (horrid, filthy) remington ammo
    +1

The Hogue stock version is nicer to fondle than the old plastic stocks.

@viper - Did you want to borrow mine for a few days and have a play?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i have 2, a stainless with a hogue stock and an older blued one with a drag stock. both shoot very good with cci ammo but they dont like powerpoint or the (horrid, filthy) remington ammo
    Mine shot well with Winchester powerpoints (red packet), PMC zapper which shot to exactly same point of aim as the PP's and seemed to do just as well and Winchester/hushpower subs.
    Always shot everything I fed it but these always worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    +1

The Hogue stock version is nicer to fondle than the old plastic stocks.

@viper - Did you want to borrow mine for a few days and have a play?
    @planenutz , mate that's a very kind offer but one of the farmers whose place I shoot has a 10 / 22 which I am sure he would let me try.
    Should catch up for a coffee some time, always good to meet other forum members. Thanks again for the offer.

A pleasure.

We have two, one I have set up for close range CCI subs while my wife's is set up for CCI super. Both are suppressed and I've done work to the triggers and bolts to make them nicer to shoot. I prefer the Hogue simply because the stock is nicer to hold. Aside from that it makes no difference which I use. They're accurate enough for what I'm doing with them and best of all, they're 99.99% reliable. I have so few jambs... maybe one or two per brick?

If you reconsider let me know. Ha... might mean I have to come over for a shot!

Keen to catch up for a brew sometime. Good plan.
    viper likes this.

CZ 512

I have the 50th anniversary one with a Hogue stock and a Hardy Can. Sub 1" at 100m. They are very ammo sensitive I have tried everything and found the CCI solid subs work best. Not ideal for rabbits but every rifle is unique. Yup trigger is horrible but you do get used to it. I can't justify putting a better trigger on it.
    viper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Trick question, GET A MARLIN!
    Hard to take advice from a man who looks like an apprentice to Hannibal Lector , one more victim Tommy and you will have enough skin to cover your whole face

Quote Originally Posted by ZQLewis View Post
    CZ 512
    Yeah they are nice but not a work horse that I need.

Try a Toz semi, if your giving it hard use there a piece of piss to strip down and clean

Clean? Clean?!?!? I clean my 10/22's about once every 1,000 rounds. Any more than that is a waste of time.
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Clean? Clean?!?!? I clean my 10/22's about once every 1,000 rounds. Any more than that is a waste of time.
    unless you use remington ammo. its filthy !
    cci etc and you are fine

Yes, I use CCI.

In fact I've got a bunch of other stuff here I could do with getting rid of... if anyone local wants some odds n' sods. There's some Federal, might be some Winchester, maybe some Cobra... probably most of it is supersonic.

Bos
    Buy the oldest one you can.....seriously!!
    The models through the 70's and 80's gave few problems and I would have put thousands of rounds through them. Mate of mine has had two in recent years and both were shitters. Dont own one now so don't know why, but there it is.
    Steve123, viper and csmiffy like this.

I have a Marlin 795 and a model 60, both accurate and reliable,had a 10/22 years ago and it was reliable but not nearly as accurate,both my marlins are sob Moa @50m,one prefers the CCI subsonic ammo the other the 42g Winchester subs,ammo makes a big difference to 22s in my opinion,find one your gun likes and stock up is my advice.