Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Range in Auckland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Range View Post
    The address is in Kumeu.
    Then you have been lucky with getting all those consents, support and approvals. The clay pigeon club in Old North Road, Kumeu, are currently facing having to lodge an application for resource consent following action by a number of their neighbours and the circulation of a petition which was subsequently passed on to the council.
    It is dragging out but I suspect there will be some curtailment of their activities............
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 23-07-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Then you have been lucky with getting all those consents, support and approvals. The clay pigeon club in Old North Road, Kumeu, are currently facing having to lodge an application for resource consent following action by a number of their neighbours and the circulation of a petition which was subsequently passed on to the council.
    It is dragging out but I suspect there will be some curtailment of their activities............
    That was our biggest concern, we would start up and then a petition would shut us down.

We chose our site very carefully, contacted the surrounding houses, if ANY complained or expressed negative views we moved on. We were open and honest, provided all data about noise levels, road usage etc. We came to an agrement about rimfire only as a offer of "good-will"and have agree'd to all thier demands.

The main difference we found is that we are building where they live, not them buying where we play.
    muzr257 and Kscott like this.

The biggest reason they let it past is the .22LR from the rifles would be in the 130bd range compared to 155db for the .223 and 156db for a Shotgun.

You may have mentioned this elseware but has your range been templated based on centerfires then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    You may have mentioned this elseware but has your range been templated based on centerfires then?
    Yes,the template was for Centerfire as the original plan for the range was to set it up for centerfires, the backstop (Berm) is far to large for rimfire, but it worked out cheaper to plan in advance then modify when we can use them.
    sako75 likes this.

I'm in. A range thats open more than just sunday is going to be great. I will be even more in when/if it goes CF.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Range View Post
    The biggest reason they let it past is the .22LR from the rifles would be in the 130bd range compared to 155db for the .223 and 156db for a Shotgun.
    Interesting as I was just reading the ase website and their sl series of suppressors comply with some European standard of 137db.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennos View Post
    I'm in. A range thats open more than just sunday is going to be great. I will be even more in when/if it goes CF.
    Thank you for your support.

Good on you MR, have you constructed your berms yet??
    Why I ask is that I'm about to dig a big hole in Kumues main drag and want to get rid of the dirt, could do you a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Why I ask is that I'm about to dig a big hole in Kumues main drag and want to get rid of the dirt, could do you a deal.
    Not yet, thank you for your offer. If you could send me some contact details i would appreciate it.

Haven't visited the forum for a week or so (busy) but was onto this thread like a fat kid on a happy meal! This is the best news that I've heard in a while!!! I've been hanging out for a range that I can visit during the week as not all of us have weekends off.

Best of luck with the venture and I'll sure as hell be a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Haven't visited the forum for a week or so (busy) but was onto this thread like a fat kid on a happy meal! This is the best news that I've heard in a while!!! I've been hanging out for a range that I can visit during the week as not all of us have weekends off.

Best of luck with the venture and I'll sure as hell be a regular.
    Thank you, hope to see you there when it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Dig another hole in fill it with that ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Dig another hole in fill it with that ??

No money in that
    Only get paid once, so do it properly.

Seeing as there are already Two Rifle ranges in the /to the East of Kumeu ,just where would your range be situated (North/South/East/West).
    The reason being you have a great need for a resonably large area and with the developement going on in the North west ,there is going to be some strong pressure for urban sprawl/growth???.The Westfield developement combined with the motorway extension will see to that!!.