Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Range in Auckland

Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    Seeing as there are already Two Rifle ranges in the /to the East of Kumeu ,just where would your range be situated (North/South/East/West).
    The reason being you have a great need for a resonably large area and with the developement going on in the North west ,there is going to be some strong pressure for urban sprawl/growth???.The Westfield developement combined with the motorway extension will see to that!!.
    Hi Tankd.
    At this stage, the range land is under negotiation but pretty much a done deal. Got to wait for 2 land owners signatures to make it finial (one of the main reasons we have not broken ground yet), Kemeu/Hupai are the closest township, the range is to the west of the township. Where the range is going to be located, it is surrounded by farm/ farm lets/lifestyle blocks. The new Westfield at Westgate will be huge and am looking forward it, as it will bring the motorway/road/public transport that the Westgate/Massey/Kemeu area needs and opens up more of a customer base.

The ranges you are talking about is the WCTC at 465 Old North Road (pretty much North/east and on the other side of kemeu) and NZDA at 848 Coatesville Riverhead Hwy. The reason we chose out west is 2 fold, land is still cheap to lease and it is still very rural and we have found that rural individuals are more accepting to the idea then city dwellers.

As soon as the finial signatures are fresh on the paper, you will learn of the address. Was thinking about a small BBQ to celebrate breaking ground. But right now, I will have to keep it a closly guarded secret. Sorry Tankd

Thanks
    Last edited by Mr Range; 24-07-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Was a bit rude, sorry

Dear Mr Range,
    As an enthusiastic shooter this is very pleasing to see, I have never shot at a range before but this sounds excellent especially around weekday openings when everyone else is at work.
    The fact "lanes" will be hired hourly will give the vast majority who just want to sight in their gear an opportunity to do this. Without actually having to try and squeeze into a club range, ie its perfect for the casual shooter.
    The commercial aspect appeals very well.

Is there going to be a website which fully lists prices and spaces available ( book online )

All the best
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Best news I have heard in a long time.

Hope you will offer discounts or 10 trip concession cards as I am thinking I will make the trip out once a week for a blast, loving the fact that you will be open weekdays.

Just got our consent to dig our hole in the main drag, when are you likely to get your consent???
    We'll probably start digging in 3 or 4 weeks so if you want the dirt she's all your's

Excellent news.
    My work is keen for a corporate shoot, so keen to make a booking once you are open.
    Welcome to Sako club.

As updates about this range, November is racing up on us and that's when it is supposed to be open.

Champing at the bit here...

Not sure it's a good location, 1000's of house's to be built in the area according to news reports, maybe bloody hard to get a consent???

He said he already had consent in either this thread or the nzrimfire forum.

Neigbours??

Anyone PM him ?
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Has been quiet of late, hope it hasnt fallen through in the final stages as I am looking forward to having somewhere to shoot even if its only smallbore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy007 View Post
    Has been quiet of late, hope it hasnt fallen through in the final stages as I am looking forward to having somewhere to shoot even if its only smallbore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    This. Hopefully everything is all good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You know on our property we have 3 approved ranges aswell as other facilities and activities that required special land use consent from council.

Some of which have been in the process for 5+ year, it just doesn't happen over night.

And we own all the land for kilometres in each direction.
    I can only imagine the difficulty in trying to open a range in a semi built up area such as suggested by "Mr Range"

But the fact that they have not yet aquired the land yet leads me to believe they are at the very beginning of the process.

The land will be zoned rural not recreational so he will need a special land use consent.

This will need to be notified so then everyone (not just effected parties) can have a winge and moan about why they don't like the idea.

This alone can hold up the project indefinitely.

How long ???

Who knows but I wish him all the best and not to give up.

Doc.

Hi Everyone.

Sorry about my absenteeism, first off let me say that was unprofessional. I have been flat out trying to source a new location as a few things have happened in the last 3 months.

1) The government has made public plans to build 1,000 houses within 10 minutes’ drive of the range which has created some outcry over the site of the range and has applied some governmental pressure at local level where they were once nice and happy about it, now are thinking again.
    2) While the neighbours with property boundaries have no issue there has been an objection from a land owner 4 houses away who is a conscious objector to firearms and is generally a S$^$# stirrer.

While the council is still very open to the idea and have been looking for a location close to the previous one. I have a short list of 4 properties and hope that the council honours their word and fast tracks the process in light of their stuffing me around.

At this stage this is about 3 years of hard work and while I expected it to go smoother then this I have not given up.

I was not ignoring this forum and rimfire, just been uber busy. I would like to apologize for this.
    Toby likes this.