Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: NZ's battle over semi-automatics: Police frustrated by the law, firearm owners frustr

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    the UN -a standing joke on planet earth!the five biggest arms manufacturers and distributors(illegal and otherwise)are all security councilcore members who run the bloody show simply by vetoing anything impinging on their own agendas.
    they also owe the bastard outfit billions ,but if the UN as much as squeaks about it theyre told"fuck off and wait''.of course if those debts arent settled the organisation goes tits up kaput bankrupt immediately.what ta fuck to do then .
    all this arms b/s is just that without arms we're all ripe for the plucking ...in fact Id bet my left ball the chinese and russians could give a flying fuck about so called meningless UN firearms sanctions ........ok bin it another 100,0000 AK47s ready to be consigned to lebanon or the other festering pimples in the middle east.
    actually the yanks arent far behind and with herr trump(thump)at the helm-they'd only need to look at him the wrong way and they could be turfed out their ivory tower in new york!!

and whilst im at it - systolic posting some bloody MSM article which fixaes on free standing pistol grips in MSSA'a
    insert and goggle the following ..0000164074 shes a long read but justice jillian mallon doesnt mince em in ripping the police policy makers a new arsehole ,after "gundoc" completely blew them outta the water as expert defence witness.
    if the shiney arsed biro pushers at PNHQhave forgotten that then time a few were quietly moved to thew local mental health unit under sec 30 mental health act.
    im happy to do the second opinion free of charge!!
    I would like to personally put ALL these "people" at PNHQ under your care @kotuku then we can be left to continue or lives in peace.

just brought this home, safes "almost" fullName:  marlin 002.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  752.7 KB
    BRADS, Steve123, Paddy79 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    That figures....
    Why is that? There are plenty of English hunters and shooters both in NZ and the UK who are nothing like this bloke.
    I think the fact he was a student has more to do with his beliefs than his country of origin.
    norsk and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Why is that? There are plenty of English hunters and shooters both in NZ and the UK who are nothing like this bloke.
    I think the fact he was a student has more to do with his beliefs than his country of origin.
    That's true Beetroot and I did in a fair bit of stalking in the UK when I lived there as well as shooting at Bisley, but...
    By and large it seems the English have a fear of firearms and within those in authority it seems like it is pathological.

I thint they are afraid of the peasants.

poms love being told what to do and being under the thumb. its the reason my parents got me the hell out of that shithole
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    poms love being told what to do and being under the thumb. its the reason my parents got me the hell out of that shithole
    Are you an aussie ? I thought pom was Prisoner of Mother England and all the crims went to oz while the south righteous came to nz?
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    Are you an aussie ? I thought pom was Prisoner of Mother England and all the crims went to oz while the south righteous came to nz?
    nope, been yo aussie a few time though. got offered a job there with good $$, couldnt take my guns, couldnt take my dog. its a bloody police state there
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    nope, been yo aussie a few time though. got offered a job there with good $$, couldnt take my guns, couldnt take my dog. its a bloody police state there
    Well then you must be English not a pom. as you can see them aussies (pomes) are still prisoners
    Cordite likes this.

Imaca has it.....I have found quite a few English people have a fear of firearms,that borders on ridiculous....almost as if they have been brain-washed against the things.Which I am quite sure they have been.
    But again you will find a heap of people in Australia, here and even the USA are the same.
    Australia is in a similar boat to the UK in that they had a few mass shootings that allowed a certain group of politics to demonise firearms.

Very similarly to NZ the students and city folk aren't keen on guns, but there is a lot of the country that isn't so soft and fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I had a similar conversation, I was working with some temporary labourers on a project, one of them in his early 20's.
    The conversation turned to shooting, one of them asked how many guns I had.

I took a moment to tot up the total, and answered "nine".

"Why do you need nine guns?" (this delivered in a tone of self righteous astonishment)

I decided on the spur of the moment to go with an answer that would throw a spanner into his university educated intellect.

I looked him in the eye and said:" Because I'm insecure".

The conversation screeched to a halt.
    Me, I just couldn't say "no".
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    But again you will find a heap of people in Australia, here and even the USA are the same.
    Australia is in a similar boat to the UK in that they had a few mass shootings that allowed a certain group of politics to demonise firearms.

Very similarly to NZ the students and city folk aren't keen on guns, but there is a lot of the country that isn't so soft and fluffy.
    To an extent, yes. In the city there is little exposure to firearms as they are not an every day city tool. I like to get a few kids along to the range each year for an intro.
    mikee and Sasquatch like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    To an extent, yes. In the city there is little exposure to firearms as they are not an every day city tool. I like to get a few kids along to the range each year for an intro.
    @gadgetman

Maybe the main benefit of bringing them to the range is not so much the shooting. They meet a group of friendly, calm, safety-focused people who pursue their hobby at a well-run range. The impression stays with them for life, even if they don't take up the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @gadgetman

Maybe the main benefit of bringing them to the range is not so much the shooting. They meet a group of friendly, calm, safety-focused people who pursue their hobby at a well-run range. The impression stays with them for life, even if they don't take up the sport.
    Exactly. They have fun, do something out of their norm, meet good people and see that firearms are not themselves dangerous.
    kotuku, 40mm and Cordite like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I recall my first gun range visit in the late 1970s. Just remember it was a calm place, lots of blokes there and they were all concentrating a lot. And they had a tuck shop where they sold Mars bars and .22LR. (-: The gun nut image just could not stick to that, even with superglue.
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and 40mm like this.

Imaca has it.....I have found quite a few English people have a fear of firearms,that borders on ridiculous....almost as if they have been brain-washed against the things.Which I am quite sure they have been.
    Shooting has never really been a sport amongst the British working classes, though, like me, some have managed to break into this sport. Historically, for the British working class, exposure to firearms would usually include the order to fix bayonets. Lest we forget that wars are fought by the ordinary to benefit the privileged.
    gadgetman, Nickoli, Tommy and 2 others like this.