Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: small bore shooting manawatu area

Thanks everybody , from what i understand there is a club in marton, bulls , and palmerston north.
    Patience Is A Virtue

Yeah, most all those little clubs that shot in halls with the targets under the stage have gone.
    One of the killers was the lead contamination. Plus in the rural locations I think the reduction in population affected membership as well.
    Where I started there were 5 or 6 clubs local. IIRC 3 of them shot in halls. Now only 2 remain.

There is also a club at Colyton. I'm not a member but have shot there a few times. Good bunch of people and they have club guns and ammo that you can use without having to buy equipment straight away.

They shoot weekly on Monday nights at 730pm and have a Facebook page as well.
    rugerman and Jusepy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jusepy View Post
    Thanks everybody , from what i understand there is a club in marton, bulls , and palmerston north.
    The club in Marton has a electronic scoring system (not sure if there any others in the country?), scores as you shoot on a tablet next to you.

You don't have to follow your way around a card, just shoot at the black dot/target.
    rugerman and Jusepy like this.
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded

Theres a club in Dannevirke but stuff driving over the hill for a shoot when theres clubs on your side.Enoyed taking my youngest here when he was a lad.
    Jusepy likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Bunny Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Theres a club in Dannevirke but stuff driving over the hill for a shoot when theres clubs on your side.Enoyed taking my youngest here when he was a lad.
    Hey Dundee, I'm moving to Dannevirke probably by January. Are there any club ranges or anything like that for centre fire rifles? I'd be keen to check the zero on my rifle after the move before I go lose my lungs in the hills! A quick google turned up the Dannevirke Gun Club but there wasn't much info on whether they have shoots or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pest View Post
    Hey Dundee, I'm moving to Dannevirke probably by January. Are there any club ranges or anything like that for centre fire rifles? I'd be keen to check the zero on my rifle after the move before I go lose my lungs in the hills! A quick google turned up the Dannevirke Gun Club but there wasn't much info on whether they have shoots or not.
    @Pest Dvk is a clay target club only, their are privately operated rifle ranges in that area and one at Pongaroa an hour from dvk

Bunny Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    @Pest Dvk is a clay target club only, their are privately operated rifle ranges in that area and one at Pongaroa an hour from dvk
    Oh cheers Marty, saved me asking them a question they're probably sick of answering!