Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Wairoa gun club update

Wairoa gun club update

So it's official we managed to get our ducks in a row and just got our new certificate as a registered shooting club, so we are pretty stoked to be able to have this in our community

Quote Originally Posted by country cuts View Post
    So it's official we managed to get our ducks in a row and just got our new certificate as a registered shooting club, so we are pretty stoked to be able to have this in our community
    Good to hear. Well done.
    country cuts likes this.

That's great news, another asset for the shooting community is fantastic. Congrats.
    country cuts likes this.

Great news
    country cuts likes this.
    Happy Jack.

Hopefully the locals stop using the main street and the forecourt of BP as a range! Was standing outside the restaurant at the motel and watched a beat up old car scream up, boom boom boom then depart at warp factor 0.5 fishtailing as it went. Welcome wagons on the first night in town...
    Micky Duck likes this.

just out of interest is the small bore club at Murumuru still going shot at a hall out from Frasertown on way to lake - and is there still a Wairoa full bore club - won C Grade full bore Wairoa championships on the old range over the hill on way to Morere - but we are going back - late sixties early seventies

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    just out of interest is the small bore club at Murumuru still going shot at a hall out from Frasertown on way to lake - and is there still a Wairoa full bore club - won C Grade full bore Wairoa championships on the old range over the hill on way to Morere - but we are going back - late sixties early seventies
    The ardkeen hall is still set up and the .22 are still around but haven't been used in about 15 years, I know the range you are talking about it was the army training one haven't been down there but been told the remains of the range are still there

well thanks for reply - one cant repeat ones young days can one - some great victory's for Barry at those clubs and ranges

My range is training everyone they can find as range officers to minimise the chance of a snap inspection fail or accident. We all have to be so careful with the new regulations so our ranges don't get closed down by fools doing their thing.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.
    Gillie and mikee like this.

Where is the range and club going to be etc,

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    My range is training everyone they can find as range officers to minimise the chance of a snap inspection fail or accident. We all have to be so careful with the new regulations so our ranges don't get closed down by fools doing their thing.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

Pretty much the way we are going too, hardest part is changing mindsets and getting everyone one the same page, most are welcoming and changing
    Eat Meater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza56 View Post
    Where is the range and club going to be etc,
    It's on mangapoiki road it's called the mangapoiki range

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    Yep, GPRE are essentially doing the same thing. Not so easy given we operate over several locations and don't have a centralised club structure. But we have got (and are still getting) a whole bunch of our regular competitors qualified as range officers.
    Eat Meater likes this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    j.. is there still a Wairoa full bore club - won C Grade full bore Wairoa championships on the old range over the hill on way to Morere - but we are going back - late sixties early seventies
    You are going WELL back
    No, hasn't been one for at least 30yrs. You would have shot with Earl Brownlie?

In fact, there is no NRA range north of Napier until you hit Te Puke. Gisborne lost their range end of last season.

For those who think a "half arsed " so called trained R.O is somehow going to save your arse better think real Hard . Something is not better than nothing , the reason being if "something" happens the Police will be the least of your worries because whether you like it or not you are classed as a PCBU .
    And Worksafe will be chewing your arse while examining your navel from the inside . I have been a fully qualified R.O for 30 years and involved with multiple different types of ranges for 10 years more . I also have a bit to do with Health and Safety in a challenging area and believe you me the paper work and all round bollocks is not enjoyable especially if something goes wrong . And investigations , no matter how minor are really not fun . And as the Heath & Safety man once said " I may not know how to do your job , but I will still tell you how you went wrong ".
    Eat Meater likes this.