Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dipping a toe in the water.

R93
    Ya gota wonder eh Scribe, bloody funny.
    I have done a bit of fishing in the Bay of many coves and have seen a snapper while diving for scolly's. I have a mate that has a batch across from the one I stay at and he talks about the snapper like its an everyday thing. He is a better fisherman than me no doubt. Just wondering if there was a knack to them on the Picton side.
    I dont have to many troubles picking up a feed of them on the Havlock side.

Welcome Scribe, I like your writing style

sturg4
    Damn it sneeze. I posted answers to your questions but I dont know where they have gone now.

Kenepuru Sneeze, I guess you know it well. We spent a little time in there mostly to pick up passengers from the North Island when we were out cruising Pelorus, Durville, French Pass area.

We left the Sounds and cruised North for the last time sometime in late 2002.

I was in Kenepuru a couple of years back. We were there to spread the ashes of one of our soldiers that served with us in Vietnam.

We boarded a boat at Havelock and travelled into the Kenepuru. None of us knew where we were heading but some of us I guess had a sort of premonition. We spread his ashes over the waters at Orchard Bay. Do you know Orchard Bay or the Orchard Family Sneeze????.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Welcome Scribe, I like your writing style
    Thanks Pointer...I have had a bit of practice.

They seem to be a lively bunch on here and I have enjoyed reading the banter and the more serious bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Damn it sneeze. I posted answers to your questions but I dont know where they have gone now.

Kenepuru Sneeze, I guess you know it well. We spent a little time in there mostly to pick up passengers from the North Island when we were out cruising Pelorus, Durville, French Pass area.

I was in Kenepuru a couple of years back. We were there to spread the ashes of one of our soldiers that served with us in Vietnam.

We boarded a boat at Havelock and travelled into the Kenepuru. None of us knew where we were heading but some of us I guess had a sort of premonition. We spread his ashes over the waters at Orchard Bay. Do you know Orchard Bay or the Orchard Family Sneeze????.
    Your reply came through just fine, you will have a new messsage in your inbox now
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Welcome Scribe I like your style already. I also am almost totally computer illiterate. but I have graduated to one finger and one stick typing. (you have to get a stick sneeze I have doubled my production,the extra toe on my left hand really holds up the typing )
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Your not Graeme are you? and who wrote the book.If you are one of your team works in Napier i.e. Hardie.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Welcome aboard. Sounds like an interesting life. Hope you like it here. Anyone who appreciates Sako will fit right in. Hows the toe? No duck itch?

Computer literacy should not be an issue. We only built this place a few months ago, so we hardly know how it works either! If you get stuck, posting photos, editing posts, quoting, sending PMs, anything like that, just ask one of the people who has "caretaker" beside their name and we will explain it, just as soon as we figure out how it works

The rest of these delinquents can probably help too.
    Hows it going 'Tussock' Funny that remark about the duck itch. I just got back from the duck possie stinking of the peat bogs. No duck itch at least not yet. We shoot in the flax block on the Hauraki Plains. Great weather for us and good tallies of ducks. Everyone prays 'God send us rain and wind', not us though, we shoot fine in this weather and its a lot more pleasant with the sun shining.

Feeling not that sharp at the moment. May be it has something do do with a few draughts of brandy we took last night to keep the swamp fever at bay. We have a little hut in the swamp we stay in and you just cant take to many precautions in such a place.

Havnt had a chance to look at the postings yet. Anyone mentioned the moon yet???.
    I dont remember a prettier moon ever. What a sight it was as it hauled itself up over the horizon and shone the length of the pond. Swans flying across the face of the moon??? Anyone ever seen it????? Where is a camera when you need it.

Havnt worked out how to post photos yet but no hurry yet. It will take me a bit of time to find my way around here yet. So I will ask for help when I need too.

I dont know why the 'remember me' doesnt work for us. This sight thinks I am after its state secrets.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Your not Graeme are you? and who wrote the book.If you are one of your team works in Napier i.e. Hardie.
    Hows it going there Te Rei. I think I am probably the Graeme...I have written two books. I cant quite pick up on the clue about one of the team i.e. Hardie. Unless it is a reference to the Napier team that is organising our upcoming reunion over there.

But just ask away though Te Rei. Give us a bit more Information.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Welcome Scribe I like your style already. I also am almost totally computer illiterate. but I have graduated to one finger and one stick typing. (you have to get a stick sneeze I have doubled my production,the extra toe on my left hand really holds up the typing )

Hi, Thanks, Curious, Where does the name come from.

Just looked at my return post to 'tussock' #24 as I said I am not feeling to sharp today....I edited it too.

Hi, Thanks, Curious, Where does the name come from.

Just looked at my return post to 'tussock' #24 as I said I am not feeling to sharp today....I edited it too.
    Its just a knickname given by one of my Dads hunting mates for constantly sending him pixt of dead deer in the bush, yes I know I spelt it wrong(now)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Are the initials GS? and Hardie is from Nam? Pretty sure it is you.Lucky enough to have done all the ground both on foot and air from your old haunt and before the NWR was opened to commercial in September 1976.Ohutu Ridge had mobs of deer as you know. Seeing Hardie tomorrow.Told me a story about you.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Are the initials GS? and Hardie is from Nam? Pretty sure it is you.Lucky enough to have done all the ground both on foot and air from your old haunt and before the NWR was opened to commercial in September 1976.Ohutu Ridge had mobs of deer as you know. Seeing Hardie tomorrow.Told me a story about you.
    Initials are correct....Hardie Victor 3...Whisky 3 ?????. Yes we did work all that grand country you mention with our pack horses before 76. You should have seen the mobs of deer around before we got started up there.

Dont you go believing half of these stories they might tell you about a bloke when he is not there to defend himself TeRei.

Hardie was in Victor 3 and 4. Can you flick me your email address for him. He says one of your crew died in Ypuk the other day and they were trying to get hold of you. Bill Roydhouse says hello. Joe Keeley told us a story about you in the early 80s when he first flew us in. Is the story about the incident with the other local Taupo pilot true.Seen the dwarf lately?I know a few people who remember crossing the Taruarau when it never used to have a bridge. The Taihape /Napier rd now all sealed.If you look from Aorangi towards Ruapehu [the big block of scrub in between ] thats where we trap. Glorious view of all the Ruas. Kia kaha.

sturg4
    Te Rei....Can you find out for us who it was who died. I dont want to wait for the news to come down through the regular channels to me. Sometimes it can take a while. It wont do any harm to put his name up here.

Hullo back to Bill Roydhouse....Joe Keeley was a rogue but we liked him. I still havn't forgiven him for spreading HLO over the hillside with me on board though he has been dead this many a year.

The object of writing that book was to tell the history of that part of the country within the greater story.

Are you talking about Hihitahi Forest. I trapped that Forest.