Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Haere mai, haere mai

MEB
    Hi all. I'm Martin. Originally from Sth London but after having a bit of a nose around the planet I discovered NZ and never left. Just got my Citizenship. Been hunting for 3 years. Being in Northland limits my hunting of deerz but I have secured some nice farms to chase roosters, quail, ducks, pigs and goats. Obsessed with upland and will spend 50% of opening weekend chasing Roosters with Badger my GWP. Still trying for my first roaring red and a representative Fallow is my real goal as I love Fallow. Aside from hunting I'm a lifelong photographer(Nikon) and angler. Own the smallest brewery in NZ - Middle Earth Brewery(MEB) although we currently aren't brewing.
    Just starting to take an interest in guns themselves but in general I'm happy with what I've got and can't afford anything else. Win M70 Featherlight in .275Rigby. Nikko 2200 12g. Anshutz .22lr.
    I have more than my fair share of hair and without doubt the skinniest legs on this forum.
    Name:  My Buck 1a FW.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  100.6 KB
    I absolutely love being in the hills and am currently counting down the days to the roar when I will be doing my first chopper trip, my first trip to the Urewera's and my first roar trip with Greendog.

Gone but not forgotten
    nice crew building up on here

Kia ora, Steevo here,

You may remember me from such forums as NZ Airgunners forum, Not so Awesome fishing and Hunting NZ forum and now NZ Shooting and Hunting Forum? Look forward to chatting with OLD friends...

United Future
    Hi. I'm Jim, know me before you judge me

Go by the name of Jap at the other pub.

Keen slayer of the deerz here on the East Coast. Upland game all season, then back to deerz.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    What about the handbag pic? :grin:
    :grin: shhhh :grin:

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    Hey guys, great looking forum here. Names Nelson, been shooting since pretty young (son of NK/Grasshopper). Old man got me into this addiction, and it shall be a fair while til it goes. No doubt I'll have some stupid questions here and there.
    Cheers!

Gidday Nelson. I chatted to you at the NZDA range last month, I shoot the 75 Finnlight in .270, 75 Laminate in .223 and had the Molot Vepr there last time. Welcome to the forum!
    Welcome to Sako club.

Greetings, Blame Philipo for me joining this new forum.

Anyway i'm from just south of Hamilton and my interests are predominantly hunting with a little bit of fishing. I get down to the Kaimanawas as much as I can as i love chasing sika and try to get down to the south island for at least one hunt a year where i've hunted and shot and hunted some nice Thar, Chamois & Wapiti.

Hi all

Live in the middle of the south Island....... and love most forms of hunting although to be fair I have pretty much not bothered with birds for some time.....
    I hunt thar and deer mostly... would love to chase pigs more often but not being into dogs that happens infrequently....
    Wallabies get a pasting and varminting is also a real interest.

Stepped into LR stuff a bit, but am less interested in practicing than hunting, so sold a custom 7WSM and built a 6.5x55Ackley on a finnlight as a tops gun.... good for more than I have skill for.......

Currently working on dropping some condition and spending more time in the hills....... managed to keep my hair so far, if not quite the original colour...

Into motorbikes, jetboats and fishing as well........ not enough time.....:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Sidney; 05-12-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Gidday Nelson. I chatted to you at the NZDA range last month, I shoot the 75 Finnlight in .270, 75 Laminate in .223 and had the Molot Vepr there last time. Welcome to the forum!
    Cheers mate!! No doubt I'll catch you up there sometime in the near or not so near future!

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Hi Guys
    Im Chris, 23 Love hunting, fishing, anything outdoors!! Mainly targeting Reds, but need to tick Tahr, Chamois, and fallow off the list at some point
    Right into the LR shooting!! Currently running .22, 12g, 270WSM, 7mm Mag, and .338 Edge
    Managed to get first blood with the .338 2 weekends ago at 408 yards, will be streching out alot futher!!!!
    [/URL]

The mighty kingfish!
    [/URL]

Hope i can help out in some way

Steve338- yea the edge was Nicks, ive got the bolt fluted and fitted a timney trigger.

Peace Out !
    Last edited by burtonator; 05-12-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Hi mate, I am going to test some Berger VLDs next year, will give the Matis a miss. Thanks anyway.

GD, I can't believe you haven't mentioned cats in your posts or signature. :grin:
    Welcome to Sako club.

Hey, Greendog! Good to see you here. Love to catch up with you some time and listen to your no nonsense straight out of the long drop jocks and comments!

Hi everyone,you can blame Kiwi Greg and baldbob for me turning up here. Same username as that other forum.
    Hunting from 5. first airgun of my own at 6.Shot indoor small bore as a kid.Mainly a red and fallow man but been thinkin about Thar and Chammi alot recently also the north Island species of deer.
    Shoot a Sako 308 and have been playing around with the long range thing a bit latley,One day I will have a more sutable rig for this
    Looked long for a Photo with me in it but only recently went didgital ! so heres one of me and a mate. Im on the left.
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...r270810004.jpg
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.