Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Hello from Dan Chang in China

Hello from Dan Chang in China

Hi guys,

I have been a torcholic since 2013, and finally work in a torch company. I study almost every torch, it is both my job and my hobby, and I also collect product idea for the R&D team, that is why I am here.

Found this forum while looking for hunting related content hoping to get hunting torch concept.

Some sort of walking torch database wishes to do what I can do to the forum and also get what I can get.

Solute.

Dan

can your torch automatically locate animals in the dark for me ?

I heard red light torch will allow you to see the eyes of some animals, not sure if that happens to all animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chang View Post
    I heard red light torch will allow you to see the eyes of some animals, not sure if that happens to all animals.
    I mean can I set the torch on a tripod and it will automatically move around and locate an animal
    Skirch likes this.

Welcome Dan
    Do a search looking for red torch and green torch.

Many New Zealand pests are shot using torches but night vision and infra red are becoming cheaper and more accessible to hunters. Have a look at this thread - https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-update-79161/

this conversation is enlightening.

Hi mate, if you want to sell torches you need to show us specs on what your torches and spotlights can do (their features) and prices including postage in NZ dollars so we can compare prices etc and decide if its worth it.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

hmmmmm so someone from China wants information on whats good torches off a forum who has members who created the very best hunting torches on the planet and were then SHAFTED by the Chinese suppliers they were working with....... so no thanks...far too polite to say what really want to say....I will say it rhymes with duck cough....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Yep MD I bought one of those and its great. Could do with a couple more batteries though.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    I mean can I set the torch on a tripod and it will automatically move around and locate an animal
    Larskaramer, are you busy all the time? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Welcome Dan
    Do a search looking for red torch and green torch.

Many New Zealand pests are shot using torches but night vision and infra red are becoming cheaper and more accessible to hunters. Have a look at this thread - https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-update-79161/
    Thanks Bol for the share.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    Hi mate, if you want to sell torches you need to show us specs on what your torches and spotlights can do (their features) and prices including postage in NZ dollars so we can compare prices etc and decide if its worth it.
    Hi mate, we don't have this kind of torch at the moment, as we are young company, and that is why we are looking for product concept here from content that already existed. And I don't think Admin like people fill the place with advertisement, so I will try not to do something like that. If you want to get some torch, PM me , maybe I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    hmmmmm so someone from China wants information on whats good torches off a forum who has members who created the very best hunting torches on the planet and were then SHAFTED by the Chinese suppliers they were working with....... so no thanks...far too polite to say what really want to say....I will say it rhymes with duck cough....
    It doesn't have to be like that. It can be something like open source, so everyone has a chance to create the very best hunting torches(I don't mean our company, it can be the one you mentioned[upgrade version to improve the use experience of users], or other creators), we are talking to let all manufacturers know what kind of torch is the ideal/perfect hunting torch members want. A forum like this is helpful IMPO, what do you think MD?
    Rich007 and rossi.45 like this.

I am surprised you are allowed to view this forum if you are in China. Wouldn't think the government there would like citizens to see content about guns and hunting.

Regarding torches, currently i am using this one and it is my favorite.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...21ef1802XdvRWx
    I like the ability to switch between the white LED's and the red LED's. Red light is more difficult for animals to see, so it is easier to sneak up on animals. Both types of light reflect animals eyes.

The biggest problem i have with it is that sometimes the light switches on inside my backpack because the button is easy to press, so the battery gets wasted without me knowing. Some built-in method to protect the switch from being pressed would be good.

The rubber cover that protects the batteries also easily tears where the loop attachment is.

Having something like this torch that switches between red and white powerful lights, a bit less bulky, something to protect the on/off button, and good wet weather resistance would be perfect.
    Trout, tamamutu and Finnwolf like this.

Look at Acebeam and copy them.

Reverse Uno on Chinese products