Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Boner
  • 3 Post By blip
  • 3 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Billbob

Thread: Interesting recipe

Interesting recipe

Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or in the jokes section. But since it’s legitimate, I’ll chuck it in here.
    Went to a new noodle bar in Dunedin last night! Right opposite Albar if you want to try it.
    Bloody good chow, except for this, which was borderline feral, although maybe the description had already put me off.
    Name:  IMG_0078.jpeg
Views: 284
Size:  2.17 MB

Not sure. Would even know where to start trying to cook this up at home.
    Pixie Z likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or in the jokes section. But since it’s legitimate, I’ll chuck it in here.
    Went to a new noodle bar in Dunedin last night! Right opposite Albar if you want to try it.
    Bloody good chow, except for this, which was borderline feral, although maybe the description had already put me off.
    Attachment 237504

Not sure. Would even know where to start trying to cook this up at home.
    yes - many cultures eat - well guts - as young shepherd East Coast was introduced to teroteros - sheep intestines boiled in small cut pieces - have seen it for sale Gisborne Super Markets - Americal they chow down on pig intestines cut into small pieces called Chitterlings - my old Gran Dad once told me back in Liverpool they ate lungs mainly sheep and they were called lights _ we are spoiled these days but I will say yes have tried various types of offal cooked and will leave it at that - none stand out as a culinary experience that stands out or I would repeat - I dont eat offal including liver or heart - but if you must include it in sausages salamis - dont bullshit me what it tastes like --and lots of tomato sauce but remember that it must be Watties

Banned
    BBQ-ed pancreas is common in Argentina on the assado. Along with many other organs and bits that we dont eat here .

Cant beat a steak and kidney pie..

probably would try it as no evil vege involved

We tried it, but neither of us had anything good to say about it.
    Both vigorous carnivores and both enjoy heart, liver, kidney.

I wouldn't have tried it. Fear factor AKA Joe Rogan put me off alternative foods.

When working with the Vietnamese military we would often get invited to functions. All sorts of gory shit ended up in front of us. To save face I ladled out some concoction that sort of looked OK and got some down before quitting. 3 Hours later back in my hotel room and "oh this is not going to end well". 3 solid days of fountains gushing from both ends.

When I queried our interpreter the next week it turned out it was raw ducks blood and peanut soup

Filipinos at work got me to try something that looked like a mince and rice dish. Was absolutely amazing and after they told me it had heart, lungs, kidney and liver etc... I went back for more.
    veryfuturistic likes this.

@Boner is that the place above Yuki? Seems to have changed a few times in the last few years. Yuki is one of my Dunedin faves though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Z View Post
    @Boner is that the place above Yuki? Seems to have changed a few times in the last few years. Yuki is one of my Dunedin faves though.
    Nah, it’s where “comes first” used to be, right on the corner of bath st and Stewart street.