Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By gundoc

Thread: Display rifle

Display rifle

I have a rifle that has some sentimental value but is way beyond repair so I would like to keep it even if I no longer have my license. Eventually I'm hoping to have it encased in epoxy in a river table. I still need to plug/weld the breach and muzzle at some stage so I won't start to register any of my firearms until I get to that stage. Does anyone know what the hurdles will be with this new system ? Does it still need to be registered or secured ? As this would kinda defeat the purpose.

75/15/10 black powder matters

The Police policy is to not recognise deactivation of a firearm. The legal definition of a 'firearm' in the Arms Act is very broad and includes incomplete firearms that are able to be repaired or have parts replaced. I have done several deactivations over the years and they have been internally ground or machined away, blocks thoroughly welded in, etc. so there is no way they can be rebuilt. The Police do not like it but their case would not stack up in the Courts if push came to shove, based on established Court precedent. According to the Police, such items still need to be treated as licensable firearm. If the deactivation work is correctly done then I disagree.
    308, 6x47, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.