Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ideas for building a rifle out of stuff i have lying around

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    The mauser action length wise will take 3006, parker hale was doing it form the 50's. If your game you could rethread the ruger tenon to 22 x 1.5mm, bore out the mauser barrel, thread it 22 x1.5mm you get the idea.
    id be game if its a way of doing it cant see problems doing it that way any one with experiance willing to point out pros and cons is this what they call barrel stub method also id go for more 308 type of thing

northdude
    or the other way to do it is does anyone have a half decent 7x57 barrel they want to sell or swap ive got a 3006 barrel

@northdude Maaaate. I've got a pre loved parker hale Mauser 308 barrel a week ago you could have for bugger all. I'd have to check the thread tenon to confirm
    BUT a comment earlier on this post has me wondering. I have a parker hale 7x57 with a naff barrel and a mint 270 barrel for it-need to have a look and see how long the mag box is. If it gets too hard I'd keep it for the project
    keep you posted
    northdude likes this.

northdude
    ok keep me in mind i dont need a 270 tho iv got a 6.5 06 that covers that base 7x57 would be the one id got for if one comes up

Nope you weren't getting that one if I can help it-I'd much prefer to keep the 270-got a shit ton of stuff ive been accumulating for that.
    we'll see
    northdude likes this.

270 fits in a parker hale, had one once but wasn't really my cup of tea.