Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Kimber Montana 7mm-08

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    I have a very scientific(read completely made up) theory around supps and accuracy. I think in hunting weight rifles, a lot of accuracy is sacrificed to poor recoil management and follow through. A suppressor doesn't change the amount of recoil energy much but it does lengthen the period and lower the peak force. I believe this change makes for easier follow through and a straighter recoil motion, which in turn aids accuracy.
    I like the theory for medium / big calibres... BUT... what about the likes of .222 .223 .17 HMR range of calibres where recoils not an issue?
    Nick-D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    I like the theory for medium / big calibres... BUT... what about the likes of .222 .223 .17 HMR range of calibres where recoils not an issue?
    Haven't thought my made up theory that far through haha. Harmonic dampening would be my first guess

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thought I'd put an update of where I'm at with this rifle.

In the end I settled on Privi Partisan Brass with 41 gr AR2206H and a 120 gr Sierra

I'm unsure of the speed but accuracy is great with this being a typical 4 shot grouping. The fourth shot is always s a little wide but I put this down to the pencil thin barrel having warmed up.

Last edited by Seventenths; 06-11-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    jakewire, 7mmsaum, Tahr and 2 others like this.

i can solve the flyer for ya,,only fire three
    Seventenths, rewa and stagstalker like this.

my thoughts are if you havent put it down in the first three a couple of mm off center wont change the outcome
    Seventenths likes this.

Hi Seventenths,

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking for some load recipes for my Kimber Montana 7-08

I am new to reloading, and so keen to not reinvent the wheel.

Can I please double-check that the projectile you are using is the .284 CAL 120 GR SPT PRO-HUNTER? Link is below.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/produc...pt-pro-hunter/

Also, in terms of overall length, do you have any tips on seating depth, etc.?

Do you have any other loads you have had success with?

thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by bokhunter View Post
    Hi Seventenths,

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking for some load recipes for my Kimber Montana 7-08

I am new to reloading, and so keen to not reinvent the wheel.

Can I please double-check that the projectile you are using is the .284 CAL 120 GR SPT PRO-HUNTER? Link is below.

https://www.sierrabullets.com/produc...pt-pro-hunter/

Also, in terms of overall length, do you have any tips on seating depth, etc.?

Do you have any other loads you have had success with?

thanks so much!
    I might be mistaken but I think this is in my care now, still out there doing the damage.
    I run 44gr 2208 pushing a hornady 154sst
    max length that fits in the mag

my groups are not as one holey as his tho

nope my mistake, mines an identical but different one

#1900 is the Sierra Pro hunter 120 grain

Gkp
    Nice shooter
    I owned a 308 kimber MA for 7 years as my sole hunting rifle and regretted selling it to fund going down the custom path.
    I was hunting around for another 308 but a 708 MA came up here so I grabbed it. Turns out the 708 is just as accurate with 162eldms (vs 168 eldms in the 308) although 100fps slower it quickly overtakes the 308 at range. I haven't got too tec on dial up scopes etc but have just used the faithful hold over method out to 450 yards and it has had a great run!
    My 9yo boy has shot a bunch of animals with a slow moving 120 nbt and about ready to step up the fps.
    I would challenge anyone who takes the piss out of the 708 with the whole latte stigma to bring their fancy shooter and out shoot this rifle. Would be a laugh.
    Anyway best of luck with your kimber, I am sure it will create many good memories.
    Pic of my shooter,
    Name:  20231210_165022.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  3.10 MB

nice!!! love that trigger guard
    Gkp likes this.