Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Model 70 bolt shroud/saftey disassembly

Model 70 bolt shroud/saftey disassembly

Ok my model 70 is all in parts and ready to be cerakoted, I’ve been told by the man I need to take apart the bolt saftey/shroud end of my bolt if I want this cerakoted. This is where my skill level ends, I’ve searched youtube top to bottom and still can’t find a video on this. Can anybody help or is it time for a gunsmith? I do want this part cerakoted as it will look dogshit if there is a difference when all finished and the blueing is not in best condition either..
    Obviously the bolt body is removed already I am needing info on the saftey area of the bolt with all the scary looking little roll pins and easy to loose parts I would imagine. Advice welcome thanks

TroyMclean likes this.

Close bolt.apply safety half way. Click the wee latch on side/rear of bolt and unscrew firing pin,spring etc. So guts is out of bolt.
    TroyMclean likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Yep, I’ve done both of these things, so the bolt is apart and the spring removed, but i can’t find any info on taking apart the saftey and removing the firing pin from the shroud. Thanks for the help but still not the answers I need, strange there is nothing on the all mighty YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMclean View Post
    Yep, I’ve done both of these things, so the bolt is apart and the spring removed, but i can’t find any info on taking apart the saftey and removing the firing pin from the shroud. Thanks for the help but still not the answers I need, strange there is nothing on the all mighty YouTube
    If you push down on the shroud to expose the rear of the firing pin (sear catch), can you half turn this sear catch to remove?
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    If you push down on the shroud to expose the rear of the firing pin (sear catch), can you half turn this sear catch to remove?
    Looks like you might have to drift some pins out... I'll have a look at mine today. It's a Pre64, so may not be quite the same.
    Name:  Screenshot_20231214_070703_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  651.9 KB
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

I had the local gunshop cerakote my M70 featherweight. Yes there are pins to punch out for complete bolt disassembly