Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 300 Rounds go missing

300 Rounds go missing

Moa Hunter likes this.

who the hell packages in 32 round containers?
    erniec likes this.

Banned
    reloading opportunity for someone ?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    Struck me as odd too.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

You think that this reporting is accurate?
    timattalon likes this.

Police will be fine. You and me, however, are going to have an even harder time trying to courier ammunition as a result of this.

Mix of 9mm 50 boxes and 5.56 20 boxes
    Finnwolf likes this.

I thought recent law changes stipulate transport of ammunition require locked storage ?

Not the first time firearms/ammunition have gone missing due to light fingered couriers.
    Micky Duck and kruza like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I thought recent law changes stipulate transport of ammunition require locked storage ?
    Police and some other Government Departments are exempt from the provisions of the Arms Act (and others). Do as I say, not as I do!

Problem here is that the real world doesn't nicely line up with Police very black/white ideas of "WHAT MUST HAPPEN". You can't stop shipping firearms and ammo, even for Police. Any time you entrust something to the care of someone else, there's a risk factor that you accept as built-in with that transaction. You can't stop or prevent every risk, without stopping the world from spinning and that's purely impossible.

It would be great to live in a perfect world where no one farks it up at all, but it isn't going to happen (something that the transport agency might want to think about as well!).

I can see the results of this being that firearms related items go on a courier company blacklist - just too much hassle. I know some of the outfits are trying not to handle certain other 'desirable' items and have asked companies not to send them through their networks just because the courier managers aren't confident they can control the service. What that does is almost the reverse of what we want, it concentrates those items in a smaller group of transport outfits - and I know where I am on rural delivery we are seriously struggling with light fingered dickheads following the postie's van down the road and raiding after delivery. The Police seem powerless to stop that sort of crime as well.
    Bol Tackshin and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    my thoughts exactly -Maybe it it is a super dooper special police round or something .assuming its .223 in 20rd packets it then equates to 16packets missing. why FGS dont police use military to transport ammo around the country, for military must carry massive loads all through nz. better still get regional stockpile of police ammo held in military secure facilities and this can be drawn down as needed .Again this case suggests failure to adhere to protocol or even simple cutting corners /slackness as root cause.
    timattalon and Moa Hunter like this.

why dont police carry it themselves....its not like they dont have the manpower or vechilles to do so.....with the pityful amount they use it would not be a huge drama to load up a paddy wagon in Auckland and drive down country stopping along the way to lighten cargo at each station in need along the way...actually why dont they just purchase it like everyone else does???? 99% of the ammunition they will use will go into paper so what it is is largely irrelevant...
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Must be a busy opportunity in there for someone like Security Express.
    No.3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    my thoughts exactly -Maybe it it is a super dooper special police round or something .assuming its .223 in 20rd packets it then equates to 16packets missing. why FGS dont police use military to transport ammo around the country, for military must carry massive loads all through nz. better still get regional stockpile of police ammo held in military secure facilities and this can be drawn down as needed .Again this case suggests failure to adhere to protocol or even simple cutting corners /slackness as root cause.
    Most of the old school army hall-style military facilities aren't permanently manned now, so no real advantage or way that this could happen.