Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: The am show this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbang View Post
    Ya'll getting pissed off enough yet to do anything about it?
    I intend to vote for a party other than Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    As an aside, I will be competing in a three gun competition at the club this morning for the first time in a very long time (early 2020). I will be using a 9mm pistol, a 12g semi auto shotgun and a .22 semi auto rifle hopefully all with good effect but I can’t help but think that I will be using two fit for purpose firearms and a poor substitute and to me there is an absolute irony that I can be trusted with a pistol for which I will use five magazines with a 19 round capacity but I cannot be trusted with a rifle with which I previously used three magazines with a 30 round capacity. The law makers that affected this situation really were as dumb as a bag full of hammers.
    I saw a facebook post at confiscation time, a well known firearms salesman had a picture of the fully functioning 7.62X54R belt feed machine gun he was keeping and the .22short pump action rifle that was too dangerous for him to be trusted to possess anymore. Evil things, these .22short pump actions! Not to mention all the guys keeping their M16s but handing in their AR15s.
    outlander likes this.

Meanwhile some brave dudes shot up a heap of houses in Auckland. The good old drive by then take off fast. Takes a hard man to do that!!!! Not. And I’ll put money on it those rifles or shotguns were all held illegally. Our system now hounds jo average who plays by the rules while the bottom hides behind excuses…..
    outlander likes this.

Carbine likes this.

I crack up about how they keep banging on about banning "assault rifles", when ironically assault rifles are unaffected by the law changes.

The fact also that Matthew Hunt was murdered with a Norinco NHM90 unfortunately proves just how arrogant and out of touch they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I crack up about how they keep banging on about banning "assault rifles", when ironically assault rifles are unaffected by the law changes.

The fact also that Matthew Hunt was murdered with a Norinco NHM90 unfortunately proves just how arrogant and out of touch they are.
    Yup, already forgotten about that fact by the powers that be.

Perhaps Mr Parker needs to see what being shot with a shotgun actually looks like.............

I guess MSSA rifles are associated with higher number of deaths and injury per event.
    The 'public' perspective seems to find a single event far less tolerable than 8,10 or 15 separate events with the same toll.

Banned
    The public perspective is what the "gov" tell the msm to say it is
    Bert 71 likes this.

Go and canvas it yourself.

I'm not going get into the minutiae, of the pro and anti gun laws, argument.

I will however, make an observation, on the American, "freedom to own guns without restriction", people.

The starting point, in the defence of this stance, is almost always, the second amendment of the constitution of the U.S.A.

The amendment reads: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Let's examine the first four words - “A well regulated militia...”

Read this bit slowly - What is gun control legislation, applied to people who own guns, if not regulation?

The regulated bit, of the regulated militia.....

And yet the people trumpeting the “A well regulated militia...” are violently opposed to having any regulation.

I think I've laboured the point enough.

further reading https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eaning-history
    Cyclops likes this.

The Swiss seem to have this a bit more worked out than the US.

What is really at issue is the of the cascade that seems to be pervasive in regulation of society.

Guns are bad, so licence the owners. That didn't work, so ban the worst guns (whatever they may be). That didn't work, so register all guns. That didn't work, so make guns illegal. That didn't work... You get the picture?
    RV1 likes this.

Here's an interesting article on gun ownership, gun crime and gun 'culture'
    https://theconversation.com/us-shoot...n-crime-183933

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    The fact is if you asked most MP's here exactly what was prohibited/restricted they likely would not have a clue....as they have no knowledge of the subject matter.They just parrot the party line that what they have done is a success when its obvious to anyone with commonsense it is just another fail.What they are really saying is that piling on yet more restrictions on those who are already following the rules,will somehow reign in those who are un-licensed and already ignoring all the rules....the stupidity of that notion speaks for itself.
    They also don't care. They were seen To be doing something, uninformed public approves.
    Longrun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    I'm not going get into the minutiae, of the pro and anti gun laws, argument.

I will however, make an observation, on the American, "freedom to own guns without restriction", people.

The starting point, in the defence of this stance, is almost always, the second amendment of the constitution of the U.S.A.

The amendment reads: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Let's examine the first four words - “A well regulated militia...”

Read this bit slowly - What is gun control legislation, applied to people who own guns, if not regulation?

The regulated bit, of the regulated militia.....

And yet the people trumpeting the “A well regulated militia...” are violently opposed to having any regulation.

I think I've laboured the point enough.

further reading https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eaning-history
    They are regulated, you need a special permit to own fully automatics!!!

I agree with your point, and I don't think the US 2nd amendment would have been meant to be understood the way it has been. However, much like the Tow, what was then has become what is now and with all the animosity amongst both sides it is hard to turn the clock back.

What annoys me far more is our PM suggesting NZs highly regulated firearms licensing system was in any way similar to the US 2A. We HAD a very regulated system, particularly regarding semi auto centrefires E cat. The knee-jerk law changes in NZ will have more influence than Ardern probably intended, and will just polarise the debate far more. She should have kept her mouth shut in relation to highly emotive US domestic issues and not try to imply the NZ law changes were in any way relevant to their totally different legal situation.