Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Another shooting in New Lynn yesterday

Another shooting in New Lynn yesterday

http://https://i.stuff.co.nz/nationa...lands-new-lynn

Weird how none of the news outlets are admitting its a shooting. He was "injured". By a bloody bullet fired from a handgun (apparently). That already existing registration is keeping us so safe...

Well I'm not trying to be argumentative, but put yourself in the position of the reporters.

They go to the scene, talk to police, talk to police headquarters, and the police are saying nothing yet, because they've only just detained the perps and don't want to prejudice, the coming charges and court cases, by talking about things, that may be relied on as evidence.

So the reporters have little to go on, other than the limited police information and a few random citizens, who may or may not have seen something, that may or may not be accurate.

Additionally the media have been crucified in recent times, for publishing stuff that later turned out to be misinformation or disinformation, so they're cautious about saying things, that aren't able to be verified.

So if { He was "injured". By a bloody bullet fired from a handgun (apparently) } is a true statement, why not get yourself to a newspaper and you might even get a photo and a byline.
    rugerman likes this.

and another article https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...petrol-station

"An inquiry is under way into how the man was hurt, and police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them."
    ___

and from the link in Bol Tacksin's post:

"Anyone who may have seen what happened is asked to get in touch with police, and quote file 230301/0665."
    ___

T.FOYE, you could help them solve the case, give them a call and let them know what happened...

Considering the number of "motor cycle enthusiasts" in Auckland that have succumbed to gunshot wounds and being run over lately, Cuddles Coster's approach to leave the gangs alone, seems to be sorting itself out. BTW, the head of the newly established Police firearms regulatory body has finally accepted that crims obtain their firearms from paying an unscrupulous LFAO to buy firearms for them. Let's see if the Courts deal with these dirtbags harshly.
    outlander, Bent Barrel and MarkN like this.

My mrs went to get petrol and saw the armed offenders squad. Anyone who turned up knew what had happened so I find I hard to believe that the journos don't know what happened and what is happening more frequently. Fact is, we got gangsters starting to rob people in broad daylight at gas stations. Things are getting much worse under the labor government I feel. It certainly is around New Lynn
    outlander likes this.

"Fact is, we got gangsters starting to rob people in broad daylight at gas stations."

Yes and not just gangsters, kids as well. In Birkenhead, there are at least 4 Vape shops. Every few days, one of them gets new plywood windows and then 2 days later, another one... I'm wondering if there will be a week without a ram raid, not so far...

I don't disagree that journos don't know what happened, but what they can publish, is subject to discretion.

I will disagree with you about the labour govt. not because I like labour, but in my opinion politicians of any flavour, running the country, are the wrong people to do so.

Why should the winners of a popularity contest run the country?

We should be able to vote for: i.e. the best accountants to run finance, the best judges to run justice, the best large organisation head, to be PM etc - Best doctors to run health, you get the idea....

Best rugby coaches to run Rugby NZ, etc, etc...
    Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    "Fact is, we got gangsters starting to rob people in broad daylight at gas stations."

Yes and not just gangsters, kids as well. In Birkenhead, there are at least 4 Vape shops. Every few days, one of them gets new plywood windows and then 2 days later, another one... I'm wondering if there will be a week without a ram raid, not so far...

I don't disagree that journos don't know what happened, but what they can publish, is subject to discretion.

I will disagree with you about the labour govt. not because I like labour, but in my opinion politicians of any flavour, running the country, are the wrong people to do so.

Why should the winners of a popularity contest run the country?

We should be able to vote for: i.e. the best accountants to run finance, the best judges to run justice, the best large organisation head, to be PM etc - Best doctors to run health, you get the idea....

Best rugby coaches to run Rugby NZ, etc, etc...
    While I agree with you (and Winston Churchill) that politicians are the worst people to run a country, I disagree with the idea that the best Judges should run the Justice department etc. I see this in all manner of industry - a person gets good at their job and then ends up as the foreman, where their skills don't necessarily translate.

The best welder should be welding, and his boss should be trained as a foreman. It makes no sense to remove your best worker from a role they excel in to see if they are suited to another position. IF they have managerial skills, then fine. Otherwise, have them do what they are best at, and let someone else do what they are best at.
    Micky Duck, outlander and Localman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    While I agree with you (and Winston Churchill) that politicians are the worst people to run a country, I disagree with the idea that the best Judges should run the Justice department etc. I see this in all manner of industry - a person gets good at their job and then ends up as the foreman, where their skills don't necessarily translate.

The best welder should be welding, and his boss should be trained as a foreman. It makes no sense to remove your best worker from a role they excel in to see if they are suited to another position. IF they have managerial skills, then fine. Otherwise, have them do what they are best at, and let someone else do what they are best at.
    Agree wholeheartedly! I've noticed over my working life that so many people get promoted above their level of competency. So a first class welder becomes a crap foreman, and so on...

It's mostly crackhead knuckledraggers vs other crackhead knuckledraggers
    outlander likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

yep I see it at my work too. Just because someone has a PhD they promote them to a supervisor role when the vast majority of them have no managerial or people handling skills. It should be a requirement that anyone that moves into a manager role must do some managerial courses so they learn how to actually manage people.

sharps no 1 and outlander like this.

True but surely the bloke that "ends up as the foreman, where their skills don't necessarily translate." will be up against the other best formen and the best of those, will be the guy in charge of formen. The best welder will still be in charge of the welders etc...
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Umm… am Ithe only one that connects the fact that this happened at a service station that will have had cameras up the whazoo. Someone is telling porkies if they are saying that don’t know if or what type of firearm was involved.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

service stations generally have excellent camera systems, heck i installed cameras that could actually read the serial numbers on banknotes above the tills , the outside ones are sometimes even in 4k.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Errr @gonetropo you haven't been playing with balloons recently have you??
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.