Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: The anti gun lobby

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I would happily support Colfo if they like did something other than just gas bagging and engaged with shooters
    They do very good work at high level,they are just shit at making everyone who pays $ or who could pay $ to them understand what they do.

As I see it in NZ, colfo work on getting our perspective across on the world stage(who else does this?? All the talk about un crap on forums shows it's important) and NSA draws a line In the sand in NZ.

I think both orgs could improve a LOT, and have both made bad mistakes but if we want to be able to shoot anything-be it paper,or flesh with firearms of any sort we need the work both do.

Remember folks, if you value it-fight for it.
    With gun stuff we ate lucky that fighting can be as easy as giving the cost of a pack of ammo every so often.

I'm very happy to pay less than the cost of a pack of .22 ammo every monthly pay to both orgs to be able to keep doing what I do-hell the work colfo has done probably has saved me a lot more than that amount of $!!
    scaggly and steven like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    You are wrong here.

a ) COFLO represents ppl who are in gun clubs and the gun industry. So clubs, and blanket organisations for instance send them a cheque and get to vote. As a rep of one such I had/have a vote at the AGM on issues so there is some democracy going on. Unlike say some organisations such as NSA which can use the funds you give them for anything "related" they think is reasonable. I also wonder on the legal comeback on you if you donate to NSA and it goes pear shaped so I wouldnt donate to them myself, apart from I think they are nutters.

b) COLFO also approaches such organisations as say small bore (which tell them to "p*ss off") to get them on board but apathy rules.

c) COLFO seems to have some success lobbying but they are one "for" v quite a few "against".
    I'm not sure that you have established that he is wrong... you seem to have confirmed and repeated what he said...

From a COLFO position paper:

COLFO believes that control of firearms should rest with the Police, not with Governments. The Police have a record of integrity and expertise in the administration of firearms controls and COLFO believes that this situation should continue.

lol, no thanks
    Ryan and Gerbs like this.

They are shooters themselves.

regards
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

They are shooters themselves.

regards

The point is engage the clubs you are in, they in turn go to colfo.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    From a COLFO position paper:

COLFO believes that control of firearms should rest with the Police, not with Governments. The Police have a record of integrity and expertise in the administration of firearms controls and COLFO believes that this situation should continue.

lol, no thanks
    COLFO is correct IMHO, the Pollies will fly which ever way the wind blows, they are far worse than the police. At least with the police we can always go to court, to get points "clarified" not so with pollies they will change the law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    COLFO is correct IMHO, the Pollies will fly which ever way the wind blows, they are far worse than the police. At least with the police we can always go to court, to get points "clarified" not so with pollies they will change the law.

... butl But; BUT! Only people you think are 'nutters' do this and go to Court. How many people do you know in NSA? Do any of these people know you think they are 'nutters'???

Times COLFO has gone to court when the police have screwed us with blanket import bans, thumbhole stock debacle, hand ins, current pistol grip situation, etc: zero

Banned
    Times the NSA 'nutters' have done so = every time (including giving material assistance and expert witness support in over 150 cases.
    Many neve reven make it to Court once NSA 'nutters' are seen to be involved ...

Proud NUTTER!