Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Cop beaten and side arm taken.

my missus is a cop here in tauranga and I get the shits when she says she had to get kitted up with a glock or m4 , the community would NOT be safe. she could not hit a barn door let alone an offender! Shes left eye dominant and right handed and 55kg wringing wet -bad combo

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    They have enough force now Maca, however what happens in the courtroom is pretty useless. That is what needs a real sharpen up.
    When you can swear at a cop or spit in their face without charge they don't have enough force, we need respect for the police, as it was when I was young a quick kick up the arse never hurt anyone
    Savage1, Littledog and kokako like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    When you can swear at a cop or spit in their face without charge they don't have enough force, we need respect for the police, as it was when I was young a quick kick up the arse never hurt anyone

See above Maca. If the court grew a set that WOULD NOT happen. Instead we have the soft cock version.

I understand the cops do the work then get let down from above and that should indeed be where the real work is happening. The cops and those they bust know this.

A good shot with a pistol will take you out at 60m. Buckshot will be hard pressed killing at that range and beyond. If the police need more money for more practice at the range then so be it. Make it happen politicians! It what we pay your useless arses for

IMO kiwi cops are brave az. I wouldnt like to face some massive dude and his mates on my own. Especially knowing the bleeding heart public are going to second guess me no matter what. So much for that new legislation that was brought in 2 years ago - the bit that said it was a criminal offense to not render assistance to an officer in need.

As for the OSH arguement. Aussie cops are some of the most law abiding cops in the world (these days). Never there when you need em 'cause they are controlled by OH&S as they call it. Tell em you're armed and going to sort the intruder out, then you'll see how close they really were all along!

I don't see how the police trying to do their duty is any business of OSH! Seems like a government department operating outside their designated role.I think the media ,OSH ,central government & the justice system needs a serious sort out . Give our police the tools,funding & empower them so they can do the job without all the B/S that isn't actually helping them .

The incident out at Waihi beach new years eve is an example.The guy hears a noise & goes out to investigate & gets stabbed in the head.The piece of shit that did it was on bail for a previous assult, he was apparently in breach of his bail conditions.No shit Shirlock .
    The guy he stabbed has since died from the injuries. Whats the piece of shit doing out on bail FFS.
    Gun control means using both hands

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Aussie cops are some of the most law abiding cops in the world (these days).
    Laughed my arse off at this. Thing's must have changed a hell of a lot....

There's the point Chris. The fucking beck should have left them in clink.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I don't see how the police trying to do their duty is any business of OSH! Seems like a government department operating outside their designated role.I think the media ,OSH ,central government & the justice system needs a serious sort out . Give our police the tools,funding & empower them so they can do the job without all the B/S that isn't actually helping them .

The incident out at Waihi beach new years eve is an example.The guy hears a noise & goes out to investigate & gets stabbed in the head.The piece of shit that did it was on bail for a previous assult, he was apparently in breach of his bail conditions.No shit Shirlock .
    The guy he stabbed has since died from the injuries. Whats the piece of shit doing out on bail FFS.
    Because he has rights like everyone -except me I seem to have lost mine and am paying for all this - probably along with you and yours

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Oh yes Maca don't get us started on the amount of tax we pay otherwise I will start flooding the forum like a burst dam. PAYE is the most unfair system as far as I am concerned.

Back to the Police discussion, I am an advocate for giving them all the support that they need and that continues through to tougher sentences being handed down by the courts. Outside of this public forum I would say either hang the criminals or flog the pricks.
    Maca49 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    We'll start with
    "Dunedin is also revealed as the best place in New Zealand to pull off a bank robbery, after police admit that more than 25% of police who failed their firearms test were from the Southern region." from Ups and downs, but no worries | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

It's been pretty well publicised Dougie.
    That doesn't actually say how many there were. 25% of those that failed were from the Southern region, but that could be 1 of 4 nationwide. It's useless.

R93
    IMO, its money that in a large part, dictates competency with firearms where Police and dare I say it, military are concerned. I left the military a wee while ago but during my career I trained a fair bit with the police. They used to seek out the certain skills off the Army as far as weapons handling went.
    Most if not all Police I came in to contact with, back then, were competent with firearms before they got too us. Budget cuts in both the Police force and Army and from what I hear from mates that are still serving, has resulted in a drop in proficiency across the board.
    I seen it happen over the last 10 yrs I served.

The queens medal cut off, used to be the top 40 shooters Army wide, with hundreds if not thousands of trialists from both RF and TF. This was after regional competition and selection. I am happy to be corrected, but I hear now, they are lucky, just too get 40 to attend the queens medal shoot.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    That doesn't actually say how many there were. 25% of those that failed were from the Southern region, but that could be 1 of 4 nationwide. It's useless.
    No gimp. That tells you that 25% failed. It doesn't matter a fuck if 25% is 1 or 500, it's still 25%

Did you not read what it says?

It doesn't say that 25% of police failed.

It says that (more than) 25% OF the police that failed, quantity not stated, were from the Southern Region. It doesn't support your argument at all.

police admit that more than 25% of police who failed their firearms test were from the Southern region

I have no side in whatever this thread is about, but sloppy arguing techniques like that annoy me

It's also a terribly written article, but it's the ODT so that's business as usual.

Ejected
    I thought it was simple maths. 25% from the southern region failed. So of the 100% that are rated/tested for firearms use 25% aren't capable of doing the job. Is it not that simple?

Simple reading comprehension, because that's not what it says.

It doesn't say that 25% of police failed.

It doesn't say that 25% of police from the Southern Region failed.

It says that of those that failed nationwide, more than one quarter came from the Southern Region. Indicating that perhaps the Southern Region has poor training compared to other regions, but nothing about the nationwide status of training as it doesn't give any % of police that failed nationwide.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    A good shot with a pistol will take you out at 60m.
    I'd like to see that. A good shot with a pistol will hit the barn door at 60 metres.